Confirmed with Link: PENS/STARS TRADE: Brenden Morrow, 2013 3rd<--> Joe Morrow, 2013 5th + contract talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony Eriksson*

Yah I think that's a good bet as one of his roles (and a good one for him).

I understand the value of that but in a fast-paced tilt, he won't get many opportunities to do that IMO.

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I'm sure he'll be treated well here (Top 9 minutes and some PP time are almost guaranteed throughout) and hopefully he finds some spark / enjoys himself out there.

Morrow had some chemistry with Neal while here in Dallas..perhaps Neal on the Right and Morrow on the left?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
lets forget about Morrow in front of the net on the PP and put Doug Murray there instead!

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Morrow had some chemistry with Neal while here in Dallas..perhaps Neal on the Right and Morrow on the left?

it sounds like they're going to try:
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Bennett/Kennedy

and if that doesn't quite work then they'll try:
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke/Kennedy

Sony Eriksson*

it sounds like they're going to try:
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Bennett/Kennedy

and if that doesn't quite work then they'll try:
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke/Kennedy

Is Gino back?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
had a good sense of humor from what i saw. put some of those ass-clowns we call the media in their place.

I thought Rossi (I think it was Rossi) asked a really borderline bad question? Like, "what do you think about the theory that coming here will revitalize you?"

but it really came across as, "Do you think coming here will make you not suck?"

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Really loving Morrow's PC. Sounds like a good guy.

Agreed. You can see why he's been a captain. He comes off very professional and classy. He told a brief story about his daughter seeing her mom/his wife crying and his daughter telling her mom that it'll be okay because it's only a couple months and he has a shot at the Cup.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I just got on here, was it posted yet what Dallas wanted before we gave them morrow? First wanted despres...we said no. Then wanted Maata....we said no.

open0rclosed

Nov 29, 2006
Nice PC. Seems like a great guy with good sense of humor.

It also warmed my heart a little to see the Steelers retweet him and said "Welcome to Pittsburgh!"

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
The downside of these trades is that i think it means Despres and Bennett are going back down. Can the Pens fit these guys on the roster otherwise?

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Morrow: Reason I picked Pittsburgh was having a chance to win the Cup. Sid isn't happy with 1 Cup. Biggest reason I came here. I want to win

Morrow: This is Sid's team. No question there. He's best player in role. I'm a piece of the puzzle. I'll play how I play #Pens

Morrow: First faces I saw in the room were Sid, Neal, Nisky, welcoming me. The inside jokes came back. Starts there and builds

Morrow: Lot of energy, youth on this team. Great players. Great group. Looking forward to new challenge #Pens

Morrow: I want to win a Cup. I will do whatever role I need to, to help this team do that #Pens

Morrow: My body feels good. Had tough year last year. Did lot of work this summer to get healthy. Lot left in tank #Pens

Quality guy, ton of character, straight warrior.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The downside of these trades is that i think it means Despres and Bennett are going back down. Can the Pens fit these guys on the roster otherwise?

guess it depends if they move anyone at the deadline, with these current additions they've got 14 forwards and 9 dmen. I could see Despres and Bennett maybe sent down temporarily and they maybe guys like Jeffrey and Bortuzzo moved on.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007

I think we're going to see some other guys like Jeffrey and Bortuzzo moved along for low picks or something like that. Maybe even waived.

Edit: Beaten by wej20.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I think we're going to see some other guys like Jeffrey and Bortuzzo moved along for low picks or something like that. Maybe even waived.

Edit: Beaten by wej20.

Yep I think the Pens will get a few picks back in return, perhaps for those 2 guys.

Will take away the sting from the picks lost for Murray.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I know a normal stupid fan like myself doesn't know what he's talking about, but hopefully this helps.

Mike Colligan ‏@MikeColligan 2m
Have watched Murray a lot in recent years, struggled the past 2 seasons or so, very slow, turnover machine, but hits everything that moves.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
I know a normal stupid fan like myself doesn't know what he's talking about, but hopefully this helps.

Mike Colligan ‏@MikeColligan 2m
Have watched Murray a lot in recent years, struggled the past 2 seasons or so, very slow, turnover machine, but hits everything that moves.

from what i've seen he's even too slow to make hits. he only hits 'everything that moves' [close to him].

but i don't feel like whining. it won't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad