Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Mark Jankowski

Fraction Jackson

Mar 1, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
just why? ...we don’t another Tangradi on the forward roster taking up a spot...

Even in a really bad year last year Jankowski had more goals than Tangradi had in his entire NHL career, let's not get carried away.

I think it's fine as a depth signing to target someone like Jankowski. He's proven he can score in bottom six minutes, he just had a really terrible off-year. He's good defensively. Has size. Not sure about his skating, but other than that, at the league minimum why not take a flier? If he can get back to double digit goals at ES while playing well defensively he's worth it, and there's no risk in trying to find out if we can make that happen.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Did he have some kind of UBI? His face-offs were solid, then he got really bad at them and now he’s a winger.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Did he have some kind of UBI? His face-offs were solid, then he got really bad at them and now he’s a winger.
from his scouting report his draft year... Skilled center with excellent vision, poise, and speed. He hands the puck off as well as any prospect in this draft year. If he was born a couple days later, he would have had to wait until the 2013 draft to hear his name. High character athlete with a hungry competitive nature, and strong work ethic. Good stick and good hands, and skates with a smooth, long stride. Rising prospect may reap high rewards a few years down the line. .....seems like he just hit a wall. no clue why. sounds like he had some tools to work with though. :dunno: maybe there is some hope .

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Jankowski is very intriguing to me and can definitely play 3rd line. I hope he works out here.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I like it, but not sure that I like that they are penciling him in at 3C.

Well it gives us the option to start him there and see if he can start scoring again now that hes away from flames where he was buried on 4th line

If Jankowski doesnt add the offense to help out McCann and whoever the other winger is....we move Blueger up. And at worst, Jankowksi is a shutdown 4C for us.

If its ...

McCann - Jankowksi - Poulin then I say Mark can get better offensively. Being what we wanted from Bjugstad and many others.

4th line would be...

Tanev - Blueger - Sceviour

Lafferty and Erod getting their chance when there are injuries.

Its good enough to try out for the first half of season. If by mid season we havent gotten much better offensively with that bottom 6...we make a trade. Or maybe just sign a player. At this rate there will be plenty of guys who will wait all of this out. Go into the season as UFA.

Reactions: Giskard

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The dude teamed up with Jagr for his first NHL goals, has to count for something:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
His minutes are crazy low, even in his good years. He must have a fairly high PP60 at least if you leave out this past year.

Slightly more intrigued by him than Rodriguez.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Like the signing. The Flames are a bit of mess as an organization and if he can return to anywhere near the points he put up the season before - it's a good deal. Remember last year when lots of folks were down on the signing of his old college teammate - Brandon Tanev, and that turned out pretty good for the Pens.....

Speaking of his college, Pittsburgh is maybe turning into "Providence College South" - Tanev, now Jankowski and Kasper Brjorkqvist and just drafted Chase Yoder possibly in the future.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Reading your post in plinketts voice was gold, especially the last part

Mark Jankowski is the most disappointing thing since my son.

The only way Calgary could’ve screwed up the Jankowski pick any more was if they’d taken a set of f***ing bagpipes 21st overall.

Remember kids, nothing says despair so well as the skirl of a bagpipe.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't mind this, hopefully that was just his worst year instead of turning into Sheahan. Guessing he bounces back with a 15 goal season.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad