Weekend-at-Bernies.jpg

Anyone want to do the honors?
Malkin, Crosby, and Kunitz

If you want to do JJ instead of Kunitz that might be funny too

the-rasta-masta

Jul 14, 2002
calgary
Visit site
Jankowski is one of the more frustrating players I've seen on the Flames in recent years. Absolutely refuses to use his big frame. Johnny Hockey throws more hits than Janko. He definitely has good hands and a decent shot, but seems to have lost something from his rookie year where he showed a lot of promise. The guy plays like he is on the penalty kill all the time. If he doesn't have the puck, he has one hand on his stick 95% of the time. Good Riddance, and good luck to him. If anybody can save his career, I'd imagine it would be the Penguins.

the-rasta-masta

Jul 14, 2002
calgary
Visit site
I read through this thread and was surprised to see no Flames fans chiming in. A lot of Penguins fans seem to be really hoping this is a steal of deal, but I'd definitely be the one to tell you to harness expectations here. For $700k, theres no risk, but I don't think Jankowski has it in him to be relied on as anything more than a defensive 4th line centre who puts in time on the PK. Being close to the team, Jankowski has all the skills, but has a very laissez fair competitive attitude and lacks confidence. I would be surprised to see him ever break 20 goals unless he's playing with Cros.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I read through this thread and was surprised to see no Flames fans chiming in. A lot of Penguins fans seem to be really hoping this is a steal of deal, but I'd definitely be the one to tell you to harness expectations here. For $700k, theres no risk, but I don't think Jankowski has it in him to be relied on as anything more than a defensive 4th line centre who puts in time on the PK. Being close to the team, Jankowski has all the skills, but has a very laissez fair competitive attitude and lacks confidence. I would be surprised to see him ever break 20 goals unless he's playing with Cros.

Agree. I see him on L4 as a shutdown guy to allow Blueger to be the 2-way 3C.

Good luck with Simon. Trashed a bit around her because he struggles to finish but he’ll make his linemates better. Smart, skilled and strong on his feet for a small guy.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Realistically that is all we need from here. Our GM thinks he's a potential 3C, I doubt our coach feels that way. If Jankowski can be a 5-10 goal scorer and a 20-25 point 4C for us in defensive situations that allows us to lighten up Bleuger's minutes we are good to go.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How could you ever forget? If Kunitz didn’t score that OT winner this would be our #1 memory of him
How could anyone forget? I flipped my coffee table over and threw a glass at the wall out of anger, that's how much that f***ing wanker pissed me off when he PASSED when he could have scored there.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We would probably be better off with Jankowksi as the 4C anyway. Blueger has shown he can play in more of an offensive role when we had injuries. Id like to see him with McCann and another skilled winger. We dont have to keep him with Tanev. Tanev with Jankowksi and Sceviour/Erod would be fine for the 4th line.

Either way it doesnt add pressure for Jankowksi to be forced to be the 3C. Biggest thing is how Sully uses that line anyway. We dont need two shutdown lines as our bottom 6. Go back to using the 3rd line as a scoring one...making it tougher on defenses to stop our top 6. This is the best top 6 we have ever had, but with Sullivan not using our 3rd line as another threat to score, whats the point? We are back to teams having an easier job at shutting down the first two lines with their top 4 dmen and whatever they go with at forward to stop them.

We need to go back to the philosophy we had with HBK. The players wont be as good on paper at least but we could have similar results by the time the playoffs get here. Especially if we add another skilled winger during the season or if Poulin shows hes ready.

Blueger has shown flashes of what we want in a 3C. We know hes good on D...but also surprised on offense at times. He may not be the playmaker Bonino is but hes faster and that actually works better for McCann. Im fine with Tanev on the other side but Id still try to upgrade so we can have him for our 4th Him and Jankowski have had experience playing together. Would still have a solid shutdown 4th line.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I fear there will come a point where our top 6 runs through a little dry spell and we’ll need more depth scoring than what Jankowski and Blueger can provide.

I think the organization still thinks Sid/Geno are in their 20's and can produce 100+ points without breaking a sweat. I really think JR did very minimal in improving the bottom six's offensive ability.

Reactions: Andy99 and Jacob

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think the organization still thinks Sid/Geno are in their 20's and can produce 100+ points without breaking a sweat. I really think JR did very minimal in improving the bottom six's offensive ability.

I mean, they have the best support on their wings they've had in their careers so maybe they can make that work, I dunno.

And if it isn't drop Rust or Zucker to L3.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe any lack of depth scoring from the forwards will be offset by their defense, which Jank and Blueger are pretty good at, and more offense from the D, particularly 5-on-5 from Matheson and maybe even Ceci. Dunno, there’s always trade-offs. Still, not always easy to look at that big picture when you’ve just lost 3 in a row and you only mustered 5 total goals or whatever, 3 at ES and none from the bottom 6.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Maybe any lack of depth scoring from the forwards will be offset by their defense, which Jank and Blueger are pretty good at, and more offense from the D, particularly 5-on-5 from Matheson and maybe even Ceci. Dunno, there’s always trade-offs. Still, not always easy to look at that big picture when you’ve just lost 3 in a row and you only mustered 5 total goals or whatever, 3 at ES and none from the bottom 6.

I think the offense will be fine once we figure out Kapanen isn't a fit with Sid and our entire roster is morphed to cater Sid.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I fear there will come a point where our top 6 runs through a little dry spell and we’ll need more depth scoring than what Jankowski and Blueger can provide.

Probably, but that’s also where someone like Poulin making a case for himself would be a real help. Or by trading someone like MP for a 2/3C.

Reactions: 888 98 twins

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Probably, but that’s also where someone like Poulin making a case for himself would be a real help. Or by trading someone like MP for a 2/3C.

Matheson-Marino
Riikola-Ruhwedel

BREAKING NEWS: John Marino has asked to be traded :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

The team basically can ice two 4th lines. People can talk up certain players helping, but in the end that's what they got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad