Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Mark Jankowski

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I would laugh so hard if JR got a 20 goal scorer playing on the 4th line. Maybe JR is signing based off of how Sully plays his system?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If Jankowski played instead of Zar, he would have scored 17 goals with all the scoring opportunities Teddy and Tanev created, I like the signing.

Jankowski - Tb - Tanev is a great 4th line.

Yeah I like that line a lot. And we save a few 100k over ZAR.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Guentzel - Crosby - ?
Zucker - Malkin - Rust
Who f***ing knows
Jankowski - Blueger - Tanev.

The 4th line may very well be the 3rd line. Lots of unknown there, but it has potential.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like with Jankowski we're gonna regret JR not getting him for an extra year than the 1yr 700k deal.

I really liked the bloke and it's weird how bad the Flames were this year. I like the idea of him as the 3c. I'd almost move McCann out for a better wing option on that line for him - like bringing Kahun back.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I feel like with Jankowski we're gonna regret JR not getting him for an extra year than the 1yr 700k deal.

I really liked the bloke and it's weird how bad the Flames were this year. I like the idea of him as the 3c. I'd almost move McCann out for a better wing option on that line for him - like bringing Kahun back.

What makes you think that he would sign for a second year @ $700,000?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Would make sense that Jankowski has a breakout season...+50pts. Doing everything we want in a 3C.

Because only having him for one year, we wouldnt be able to afford the price if he were to breakout. Then we are back to looking for a 3C..

But Id take that.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Would make sense that Jankowski has a breakout season...+50pts. Doing everything we want in a 3C.

Because only having him for one year, we wouldnt be able to afford the price if he were to breakout. Then we are back to looking for a 3C..

But Id take that.

He's at least a boom or bust player worthy of taking the chance on. Boom and the Pens probably ink him. Thinking in the lines of he has a purpose and place that worked for him. Why go elsewhere and start from scratch again? Even at an increase of cap. Paying a guy on a prove it deal and giving him 3c worthy contract from 3.0 to 4.5 isn't a death sentence.

He probably was worth signing in the 2.5/3.0 range as is from his body of work and putting not much stock into last season.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He's at least a boom or bust player worthy of taking the chance on. Boom and the Pens probably ink him. Thinking in the lines of he has a purpose and place that worked for him. Why go elsewhere and start from scratch again? Even at an increase of cap. Paying a guy on a prove it deal and giving him 3c worthy contract from 3.0 to 4.5 isn't a death sentence.

He probably was worth signing in the 2.5/3.0 range as is from his body of work and putting not much stock into last season.

True. If he doesnt ask for something ridiculous then we would prob keep for another year. Im sure they are sick of looking for 3Cs

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
True. If he doesnt ask for something ridiculous then we would prob keep for another year. Im sure they are sick of looking for 3Cs

Let's just say we all are. That's the one place I want a stable guy because we all know wingers are a dime a dozen for the bottom six and we'll see plenty of them just due to injuries.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I really, really think people are sleeping on how much the D is going to make a difference this year when it comes to attacking.

Like a full half or more of last year's D couldn't do f***-all with the puck aside from kinda eat it in the corner and then proceed to get hemmed in.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Like I said somewhere in the Megathread of Doom (still disappointed you chuckles couldn't get it to 87 pages LIKE WE TALKED ABOUT BUT WHATEVER), I understand where GMJR is going this offseason much more than previous offseasons. It's a huge gamble, but it's a gamble that seems to be driven by the analytics nerds in the FO and the desire to return to fast, up-tempo Pens hockey again.

If we're going to gamble, I'd rather gamble that way I guess, than trying to make a middle-of-the-road semi-slow/semi-fast/semi-deep team that's not enough of any one thing to make a mark in the postseason.

Go out like a riverboat gambler, I suppose.

Reactions: Freeptop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->