Confirmed with Link: Pens sign G Filip Lindberg to two-year, entry-level deal

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d really like him to get him some NHL games…why are our good skaters getting injured or COVID but our mediocre goaltending remains standing?

Last edited:
Reactions: vikingGoalie

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The only problem I see with Lindberg is that he has barely played any games the last couple of years. In the last 3 years his busiest workload was 18 games. In the last 8 years the most games he has played in a season is 48. I’m curious to see how he holds up with 50+ games and playoffs.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Could be. It's actually interesting in that who the top goalies are year to year actually varies dramatically as well. So even with the goalies who people would consider established commodities the performances are still extremely random. Imagine if McDavid scored 140 points one year, then 50 points the next, then 100 the year after that. That's the type of inconsistency that routinely happens with the goalies.

If I were an NHL GM I'd feel super uncomfortable with investing significant dollars in the position because there's no consistency there even with the goalies who people would consider great. Here's the article I'm referencing: Why Goaltending is Basically Random and Will Always Make You Look Stupid (In 5 Graphs). It's an interesting read.

Yeah it really seems like you can't rely on a goalie to be consistently above average for more than 2 or 3 years when they reach that level. Even the ones that manage to be elite for 3-5 years aren't consistent over periods longer than that. Will be interesting to see if Vasilevskiy can keep it up. Henrik Lundqvist may be the one goalie recently that was deserving of a superstar paycheck for a full 8 years.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
114/121
4/4 W

Has averaged almost 30 saves per game
seen over 30 shots per game.​

Dude just keeps making saves at every level.

Man, been a while since I've been this excited about a prospect. Even fits our needs too.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I have zero confidence in Jarry come playoff time. Sorry. There's something going on there mentally, whether it be maturity or just a guy that isn't that bright. I just don't trust him in net in big games. He's too inconsistent. We need another solution, and DeSmith isn't it.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad