Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: Feb 26th, the deadline day warmup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Honestly as much as I've love to have him I know exactly how it would play out. POJ would get scratched or be involved in the trade, Dumo would keep playing, and I'd end up hating it because of that.
Would Pettersson, 1st and Blomqvist be enough? Would be about equal cap wise.

Chychrun Letang
Dumoulin Petry
Joseph Rutta

Next season,

Chychrun Letang
Joseph Petry
Smith Rutta

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Honestly as much as I've love to have him I know exactly how it would play out. POJ would get scratched or be involved in the trade, Dumo would keep playing, and I'd end up hating it because of that.

Maybe. Since it has to be $'s in vs $'s out, I could actually see Dumo being part of the package as a cap dump and then AZ flips him at deadline.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
eklund has McCabe to Pens at e4

POJ+Kapanen+pick for McCabe is the guy is lackluster move I can see Hextall making.

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Maybe. Since it has to be $'s in vs $'s out, I could actually see Dumo being part of the package as a cap dump and then AZ flips him at deadline.
I don't see the Pens doing that. I feel like if they find a way to generate some cap space it will be by moving Blueger or Kapanen.
We can’t afford him unless Kapanen or Dumo is going the other way and I could give a shit if we play Chychrun over POJ lol
I think they'll move Blueger or Kapanen to generate space. Kinda doubt Dumo goes anywhere.
Would Pettersson, 1st and Blomqvist be enough? Would be about equal cap wise.

Chychrun Letang
Dumoulin Petry
Joseph Rutta

Next season,

Chychrun Letang
Joseph Petry
Smith Rutta
Why would we want to move MP? He's been our best defenseman this year

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I honestly have no issue moving on from POJ if we can get legitimate top four physical D with term.

I like him, but he just still doesn't seem like an actual NHL defenseman with the inconsistency.

No one is going to give enough for him to sacrifice him. Sure there are inconsistencies but part of it that sometimes he plays really well - and we have a couple of 4M guys who don’t.

Reactions: Andy99

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Everyone without a clause, please stand up...

Okay.. Now,

get-out-leave.gif

Reactions: Night Shift

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
eklund has McCabe to Pens at e4

POJ+Kapanen+pick for McCabe is the guy is lackluster move I can see Hextall making.
If that pick is a 1st i would hope for a lot more than McCabe. If Chychrun/Meier are up for grabs sure, I'd even throw in Pickering on top.

I honestly have no issue moving on from POJ if we can get legitimate top four physical D with term.

I like him, but he just still doesn't seem like an actual NHL defenseman with the inconsistency.
Completely agree, and the time to trade him would be now

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextall is embarrassed after this game. He knows LA is the only team that will offer him a job when he gets fired here. They may not want an advisor that flames out for two teams in the nhl.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I am not a guy that thinks you need goalie depth to win in the playoffs. 99% of teams win or lose with their starter and no backup goalie is changing that.

However, DeSmith is so bad he might cost the Penguins a playoff spot with all the regular season points he's losing. A backup trade could fix that.

Reactions: Shady Machine

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I feel like this team really needs to come to grips with the fact that even if this team slogs into the post-season, they don't even have a puncher's chance at the moment.

They do have a punchers chance though if Crosby and Malkin both have a great series.

That’s kinda why we are stuck in this purgatory of not being a real contender and not being bad enough to make any real changes.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
They do have a punchers chance though if Crosby and Malkin both have a great series.

That’s kinda why we are stuck in this purgatory of not being a real contender and not being bad enough to make any real changes.
I just don't see it with the way the top 2 lines have been this year, plus there's just not much going on in the bottom 6 so we'll probably see sid and geno get swarmed.

I dunno, we'll see.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I think a lot of people take for granted how Sid and Geno are still both going strong and over 1.0 PPG.

Now that there are 50 players league-wide who go over a PPG people seem to think that stat is less good. The reality is the league is just more competitive and slightly higher scoring. The being over a PPG stat still means a lot for your team.

They are 2 of the best centers to ever play the sport, of course we have a fighting chance if we crack the postseason.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
They are 2 of the best centers to ever play the sport, of course we have a fighting chance if we crack the postseason.
the difference is now, we don't just need Sid and Geno to get hot, they kind of need the whole line to do so. they're still great, but I also don't think we'll get that god-like Sid or Geno in the postseason now without a lot of things coming together.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I feel like this team really needs to come to grips with the fact that even if this team slogs into the post-season, they don't even have a puncher's chance at the moment.
"honestly, I'm just happy to have had the chance to be here"

-sid, after a first round sweep loss... Probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: