GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
9b807e270ae360af9cec69dea076de7a.jpg

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
E.Karlsson was promised
Tom Werner = FSG Chairman
This is the man with the most control of our ownership group. There's someone above him (John Henry - Principal owner), but he has no interest in hockey. Werner does.
And this is what he had to say about Sullivan:
"He's outstanding, a student of the game ... one of the great coaches in the NHL."

That is the root of the problem. Werner starts his model with Sullivan and works around it.
When Dubas came here and spoke to ownership, they conveyed those same feelings to Dubas. Then Dubas, being the new GM who was trying to align himself with management's views, adopts that same mindset. We saw it right away in his first presser here. There was a huge emphasis on Sullivan...he was parroting FSG's stance, playing the good boy.

I'm not assuming. I'm not guessing. This is what's happening. Sullivan already had a ton of influence internally before FSG arrived. When FSG also bent over him, it was sealed. He's untouchable now.
He would REALLY have to be awful to get firei think your spot on. I do remember dubas saying sullivan could be the coach as long as he wants. Ownership meddling never works out

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
The greatest cure for ever thinking the refs are out to get ya is to watch other games around the league - they’re this bad all the time

Reactions: toolboyy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This Capitals-Flyers game is on pace to finish with 36 shots combined between the two teams. Absolutely atrocious hockey to watch.

The Caps went through a gauntlet to end the year between playing Boston, Tampa and Philly, so you can't say they didn't deserve it if/when they make the playoffs. But with that being said, it's disgusting a team that is this bad and this unenjoyable to watch is making it in the playoffs. The Penguins aren't a better team but their games are at least more entertaining than this.
I’m not watching any playoff game of the 1995 Devils, I mean 2024 Caps…

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Habs and Flyers with some glorious chances, it was close. You know what?? The Caps are gonna make it with an empty net goal in last minute, when tied 1-1. Flyers need a regulation win here, so they will pull a goalie when tied and that´s how Washington will make it. :)

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Hinostroza and Zohorna are downright trash. Saying they missed the playoffs because they didn't play Zohorna and Hinostroza enough is hilarious.
So if they are downright trash, yet better than the 4 guys with 1 goal in 71 games, then what do you call those 4 guys? And it's hilarious that an additional 3-4 goals wouldn't lead to a single additional victory hence making the PO's? I think those 2 would have scored more and it would have led to additional points. That was my only point. Not that they are top guys, but if you think that those other 4 are better, well then...........

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So if they are downright trash, yet better than the 4 guys with 1 goal in 71 games, then what do you call those 4 guys? And it's hilarious that an additional 3-4 goals wouldn't lead to a single additional victory hence making the PO's? I think those 2 would have scored more and it would have led to additional points. That was my only point. Not that they are top guys, but if you think that those other 4 are better, well then...........

No they're all downright trash. I just think it's hilarious to say that Zohorna or Hinostroza would have caused this team to make hte playoffs.

They're all garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad