GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Pens now control their own destiny for a spot. The only team they don’t is the caps. They control against Philly, Isles and Wings.

Our playoff odds increased nicely tonight.

Isles, Wings and Caps have more points than the Pens with the same amount of games remaining. They dont fully control their destiny yet but winning out here would be great

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
The boyz are alive

IMG_2276.gif

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Isles, Wings and Caps have more points than the Pens with the same amount of games remaining. They dont fully control their destiny yet but winning out here would be great
They play both the Islanders and the Wings before the end, does not know the full breakdown but I imagine they could be in a situation if they win thoses they are ahead right now depending how the tiebreaker goes.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
They play both the Islanders and the Wings before the end, does not know the full breakdown but I imagine they could be in a situation if they win thoses they are ahead right now depending how the tiebreaker goes.
Yeah, and we win every possible tiebreaker, so that helps too. We are fully in the mix, it´s not about chasing it anymore. We are fully there. Now we just have to win this race against 3 of those 4 teams. Still easier said than done. But Pens must feel so much better than some other teams in this race now.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The first tiebreaker is regulation wins.

The Penguins have 30 regulation wins. The Flyers and Capitals have 28. The Wings have 26. The Islanders have 25.

Only the Devils and Sabres have more at 31 apiece.

Somehow the Penguins' ineptitude in OT and the shootout is now playing to their advantage, because they own the tiebreaker.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Pens control their own destiny with 6 to go. Unfathomable. But let's goooo

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Theres gonna be some cannibalizing happening in the last couple games as well. Pens play the Wings and Isles. Caps still need to play the Flyers and Wings. As long as those games end in regulation, its not looking too bad.

Reactions: akapidots

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If our last few season's trend continues, our next couple games will be duds. Can we take the thousandth opportunity this season to look like we want to make the playoffs when we have the chance?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Remember last season when the Pens controlled their own destiny? I do lol…I’m waiting until they actually do it lol
They don't have the 2 worst teams in the league standing in their way tho...

The have 4 of the best and a couple others fighting for the same thing this time.

Totally different!

Reactions: MadLuke and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad