GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Flyers down one bagel and pull goalie with 10 min to go and score two with the empty net

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
This Capitals-Flyers game is on pace to finish with 36 shots combined between the two teams. Absolutely atrocious hockey to watch.

The Caps went through a gauntlet to end the year between playing Boston, Tampa and Philly, so you can't say they didn't deserve it if/when they make the playoffs. But with that being said, it's disgusting a team that is this bad and this unenjoyable to watch is making it in the playoffs. The Penguins aren't a better team but their games are at least more entertaining than this.
The Penguins are a better team, Washington is one of the worst teams in the league.

Reactions: rick6668 and Turin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
At least the refs owe the Flyers big after the blown call in the first.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
This Capitals-Flyers game is on pace to finish with 36 shots combined between the two teams. Absolutely atrocious hockey to watch.

The Caps went through a gauntlet to end the year between playing Boston, Tampa and Philly, so you can't say they didn't deserve it if/when they make the playoffs. But with that being said, it's disgusting a team that is this bad and this unenjoyable to watch is making it in the playoffs. The Penguins aren't a better team but their games are at least more entertaining than this.
If the Caps win tonight, they deserve to be in the PO's. They beat Tampa and Boston, whilst the Pens **** the bed when they had their destiny in their own hands.

Reactions: Andy99 and Nfumass

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Caps are not good and do not deserve to make the playoffs lol. Boston laid down for them.

Reactions: rick6668

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union

Penguins are absolutely a better team than Caps. Miles better actually. It´s one of the biggest shocks in hockey that such a bad team makes playoffs with such a terrible offense and so negative goal differential.

Also, praising them for beating Tampa and Boston is not right. Boston is mailing another game tonight, having 7 shots at home vs Ottawa. But Boston absolutely played the Pens with desperation, it was a high intense game with big emotions on both sides. After that game, Bruins just stopped to care.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
sigh, can't believe it's the caps that might make it. They are crap and have been playing basically the trap the entire season living on the goalkeeping from Lindgren....

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Penguins are absolutely a better team than Caps. Miles better actually. It´s one of the biggest shocks in hockey that such a bad team makes playoffs with such a terrible offense and so negative goal differential.

Also, praising them for beating Tampa and Boston is not right. Boston is mailing another game tonight, having 7 shots at home vs Ottawa. But Boston absolutely played the Pens with desperation, it was a high intense game with big emotions on both sides. After that game, Bruins just stopped to care.
i watched both those bruins games and that was my read. i hope the maple leafs sweep them in the most humiliating fashion for it and i loathe the leafs

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Offering praise and saying “Yeah GM, you can’t fire this guy” is different. I’m not saying it’s not true, I’m saying all of this is based off of assumptions. Someone outside their mind fell in love with the guy, the players, the owners, the GM. All of them?
Tom Werner = FSG Chairman
This is the man with the most control of our ownership group. There's someone above him (John Henry - Principal owner), but he has no interest in hockey. Werner does.
And this is what he had to say about Sullivan:
"He's outstanding, a student of the game ... one of the great coaches in the NHL."

That is the root of the problem. Werner starts his model with Sullivan and works around it.
When Dubas came here and spoke to ownership, they conveyed those same feelings to Dubas. Then Dubas, being the new GM who was trying to align himself with management's views, adopts that same mindset. We saw it right away in his first presser here. There was a huge emphasis on Sullivan...he was parroting FSG's stance, playing the good boy.

I'm not assuming. I'm not guessing. This is what's happening. Sullivan already had a ton of influence internally before FSG arrived. When FSG also bent over him, it was sealed. He's untouchable now.
He would REALLY have to be awful to get fired.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If the Caps win tonight, they deserve to be in the PO's. They beat Tampa and Boston, whilst the Pens **** the bed when they had their destiny in their own hands.

They didn't even shit the bed, the Penguins finishing the year 2-1 in their last 3 is still good. It's just wild that Washington managed to win out with who else they had left on the schedule.

Reactions: rick6668

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They didn't even shit the bed, the Penguins finishing the year 2-1 in their last 3 is still good. It's just wild that Washington managed to win out with who else they had left on the schedule.
Boston lost on purpose to help Pens miss out and MAYBE avoid Tampa. Only problem...Florida will probably lose tonight and they will still play Tampa.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
We don’t know why the organization is holding onto Sully. Just rumors.

I know for sure Dubas is not awesome.
I say Dubai gets a B-/C+........JG trade was very good I think, and his off season work was good. Grade is lowered for Harkins and Phillips claims, allowing Sully to make dumb** decisions to play them, and the Acciari signing is bad, both term and amount.

If they miss its solely on Sully and him playing Harkins, Phillips, White, and Gruden and their combined 1 goal in 71 games, and Bemstrom and his 5 vs 5 2-1-3 in 24 games instead of Hino and Z, who both more than doubled those guys P/60, especially in a year where they averaged 2.5 goals/gm 5 v 5.

That is besides obv PP f*ckery

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I say Dubai gets a B-/C+........JG trade was very good I think, and his off season work was good. Grade is lowered for Harkins and Phillips claims, allowing Sully to make dumb** decisions to play them, and the Acciari signing is bad, both term and amount.

If they miss its solely on Sully and him playing Harkins, Phillips, White, and Gruden and their combined 1 goal in 71 games, and Bemstrom and his 5 vs 5 2-1-3 in 24 games instead of Hino and Z, who both more than doubled those guys P/60, especially in a year where they averaged 2.5 goals/gm 5 v 5.

That is besides obv PP f*ckery

Hinostroza and Zohorna are downright trash. Saying they missed the playoffs because they didn't play Zohorna and Hinostroza enough is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad