GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pens up 5-0 to start the 3rd, a win means we go to the playoffs.

Isles score 4 early goals in the first 5 minutes. Score again to tie with 7 minutes left, score again to win in the final 10 seconds and Pens lose 6-5 and miss the playoffs.
Stop it stop it stop ittttt

• Haha
Reactions: 66-30-33

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
It's not complicated. The Penguins clawed their way back into a playoff spot, which they were up 1 point against 2 floundering teams. The 2 floundering teams suddenly woke up and won out their remaining games. That is unlucky for the Penguins, because it left them no room for error in their remaining games.

Both can be true that the Penguins missed the playoffs due to their own bad play, but they got unlucky at the end of the year that Washington and Detroit turned it on as soon as they managed to get back into a playoff spot.
Not only Wings and Caps suddenly winning everything, but there are also Islanders finishing the season 7-0-1. If they lose just one of those 8 games (ONE OF THOSE 8!!) we would be able to catch them tomorrow. That´s basically a definition of getting zero help.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Both can be true that the Penguins missed the playoffs due to their own bad play, but they got unlucky at the end of the year that Washington and Detroit turned it on as soon as they managed to get back into a playoff spot.

But that isnt true. This is detroits last 7

W
W
L
L
W
L
W

I mean sure ending with 3 wins is good. But the pens never stayed in a playoff spot for more than 1 night. It was a battle and non of the teams were lucky or unlucky.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Good lord some of you desperately need to go to therapy.

I wasn't giving them credit for anything. I just said that it's unlucky that as soon as they make it into a playoff spot, the 2 teams behind them win out the rest of their games and jump the Penguins in the standings. That's it.
Give us some credit.
You make it sound like we haven't set up appointments...

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
But that isnt true. This is detroits last 7

W
W
L
L
W
L
W

I mean sure ending with 3 wins is good. But the pens never stayed in a playoff spot for more than 1 night. It was a battle and non of the teams were lucky or unlucky.

The Penguins getting no help from other teams because those teams keep winning is absolutely the definition of getting unlucky. The Penguins had no room for error because the Capitals and Wings turned it on as soon as the Penguins jumped them in the standings. That is absolutely unlucky for the Penguins.

It's not complicated and the only reason that you're arguing against this is because you don't like people "making excuses" for the Penguins missing.

Reactions: rick6668

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The Penguins getting no help from other teams because those teams keep winning is absolutely the definition of getting unlucky.

It's not complicated and the only reason that you're arguing against this is because you don't like people "making excuses" for the Penguins missing.

I mean you are 100 percent right about this. Forgive me though because that sounds like an excuse the team makes to keep sullivan. So ya its annoying because you are saying what the org will in a week.

But in reality the pens arent unlucky. They failed to put away the Avs and columbus up by 2 in the third and are missing the playoffs because of it.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Watching a lot of Detroit and Caps lately. Man are those teams ever different. Like you literally can´t find two more different teams in hockey. Wings play dynamic wide open hockey with bad defense and goaltending. Caps are just trapping to death.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Penguins getting no help from other teams because those teams keep winning is absolutely the definition of getting unlucky. The Penguins had no room for error because the Capitals and Wings turned it on as soon as the Penguins jumped them in the standings. That is absolutely unlucky for the Penguins.

Mathematically it's just true. You look at the odds before the weekend and they favoured the Pens. They just got screwed if both these mid-ass teams win out.

I still got some tiny faith in Philly

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This Capitals-Flyers game is on pace to finish with 36 shots combined between the two teams. Absolutely atrocious hockey to watch.

The Caps went through a gauntlet to end the year between playing Boston, Tampa and Philly, so you can't say they didn't deserve it if/when they make the playoffs. But with that being said, it's disgusting a team that is this bad and this unenjoyable to watch is making it in the playoffs. The Penguins aren't a better team but their games are at least more entertaining than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad