GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Skinner has finished above Jarry the last two years. Not sure how it's not really besides the moronic Penguins fans who think Jarry going to the All Star game means anything.
What's moronic in believing this was a playoff caliber team or that the party wasn't over YEARS ago. Hopefully this lesson is painful enough for you and your cronies to understand, IT'S OVER. #TURNTHEPAGE!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes, as evidenced by his grand total of one single playoff series win in 6 years as GM and 3 years as AGM.

So awesome.

You don't understand. He got an undersized, mediocre skating, skilled player that is setting a scoring record for some random young age group in a very diluted european league for Jake Guentzel!

What's moronic in believing this was a playoff caliber team or that the party wasn't over YEARS ago. Hopefully this lesson is painful enough for you and your cronies to understand, IT'S OVER. #TURNTHEPAGE!

If that's the case you should hate Dubas even more.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, as evidenced by his grand total of one single playoff series win in 6 years as GM and 3 years as AGM.

So awesome.
What has this team done in the last six years? The Sabres, hell many teams have done shit! This is a mickey mouse operation that'll take years to clean up!

You don't understand. He got an undersized, mediocre skating, skilled player that is setting a scoring record for some random young age group in a very diluted european league for Jake Guentzel!

And the muppet was here when we didn't make the playoffs last year or win a playoff series the previous four, so what was the point in keeping him?

Why, for bringing in prospects? That exactly what he should have done!

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Need to get Malkin two solid wingers if his decline continues. Bunting can be one and they need to bring in another.

Try to get anything for Smith. That shit just didn’t work out.

Not sure what they do opposite Rust with Crosby. Will be fun to see if they go big game hunting or full out the bottom 6 better than we have.

Shittiest part about it all is that we got 82 games of Crosby playing at a ridiculous f***ing level at his age.

Not sure how he can keep that up which inevitably makes the team not as good (and it’s already not good enough to make the playoffs).

Any sort of fall off from him and it’s lottery pick season. Thankfully we can give the Sharks the pick this year and have our picks for when the rails truly come off.

Do we even have any true trade bait for this summer/ the trade deadline?

Who else would anyone even want?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, if Sid takes a notable drop in play/production next year, this team's picking top-5. :laugh:

I'm glad they're probably not gonna have the choice of whether to keep the pick tbh. This team's dysfunctional and stupid as f***.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
On one hand screw Boston for being the main reason the Capitals made it. On the other it would be really funny if the Leafs lost to them again.

Reactions: MrBrightside

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, if Sid takes a notable drop in play/production next year, this team's picking top-5. :laugh:

I'm glad they're probably not gonna have the choice of whether to keep the pick tbh. This team's dysfunctional and stupid as f***.
Hopefully Dubas isn't dumb enough to panic trade it this summer in a desperate attempt to make the playoffs next year but y'know....

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Interesting how this all played out....

Philly not being able to accept a tie basically pushed the Wings/Pens out, and brought the Caps in. Otherwise, who knows.

Habs Primeau...WTH!! How is he even a goalie in this league.

That's all she wrote folks! :confused:

To be fair, this probably hurts Detroit the most, they were comfortably in the playoffs before going on their slide. We just pretty much sucked all year and decided, the last 2 weeks, that Sully needed to keep his job.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
People keep asking how long the fans will drink the Kool-aid that the Pens are just a couple of players away from contending.

It is the wrong question.

How long will Crosby and the key players who still could be competing for a Cup continue to drink the Kool-aid and believe that the Pens are just a couple of players away from contending?

That is the right question.

Because at that point they will want out.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Hopefully Dubas isn't dumb enough to panic trade it this summer in a desperate attempt to make the playoffs next year but y'know....
I don't think that will be the concern.

If anything, I think Dubas will double-down on moving a few pieces out (Smith, maybe Rakell) with the goal of acquiring a young piece or two.

I'm expecting a more calculated summer than the full-throated go-for-it moves last year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If anything, I think Dubas will double-down on moving a few pieces out (Smith, maybe Rakell) with the goal of acquiring a young piece or two.

I'm expecting a more calculated summer than the full-throated go-for-it moves last year.

Dubas gonna get full throated by another GM in a trade for sure.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sid's never gonna ask out. Geno probably won't either because as much as he wants to be the only Russian with 4 Cups, he seems way too attached to Sid. Don't really know or give a shit either way re: Letang. EK might ask out though after another season of this slop.

The real issue is whether or not FSG and the FO want to continue this awful masquerade of pretending the team are contenders. They're not, nor have they been for years. Even when they had the Rangers' backs against the wall, they weren't going anywhere with no goalie, no PK, and their entire offense being Sid+Jake in that series (as evidenced by the inability to close it out once Trouba elbowed Sid in the face).

Just pull the plug and let the era die. But oh no, Sidney Crosby wants to keep playing a few years more so he can try for one final gold medal. Yawn.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

We'll see. I wonder if the recent mini run fooled them into thinking they're better then they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad