Post-Game Talk: Pens/Panthers...Because we close GDTs before putting up post-games for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I just don't know what to say. It looks like they've tuned the coach out and are doing whatever they want, but first place and whatnot, I don't have the energy to argue

They have to all know that he's an idiot with a serious favourtism problem. It's interesting, I guess, Bylsma won't lose a room for being hard on all of them but I doubt he's respected. Maybe that will eventually catch up with him, or his favourtism will mess with a stars favourite.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
And after a really nice Geno is back game against Winnipeg, our quote second line has looked like **** (save the game Neal missed).

Geno's line hasn't been great, but i don't think its been terrible either.

5 on 5 i think Geno's line has been the pens best line since Geno came back.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Pretty much this. Wash, rinse, repeat, random excuse generator. At some point, it's just not worth it.

Bylsma (and Tomlin) has been made arrogant by having early success in his head coaching career.

Fire Shero*

Wake the **** up Shero. Kobasew, Glass, Adams have to go. How long do you need to watch these terrible hockey players play.

You are a ****** GM if you continue to sit around with your thumb up your ass watching all of these waste of spaces players.

Draft some damn forwards

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The riff raff and uselessness of most of the bottom 6 is a real issue too.

Kobasew, Glass, Adams in particular.
Glaadams are getting big and important minutes night in and night out.

Other than that the Olympians on this team have to step up and lead, no matter who is playing on their wings.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This is typical Pens hockey. They either get freelance hockey from their superstars of a ton of leg work from their role players. There's never a situation where the system takes over to beat teams like the Panthers or help out against the leagues best when Crosby and Malkin are shut down. As much as some people blame Bylsma... its been around the Pens for 30 years.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He hired him to to be the Head Coach of WBS in 2008 but that doesn't excuse Shero from ignoring the fact that this team with Crosby + Malkin is just a pretender for the cup with Bylsma in charge. He's had 4 seasons to evaluate Bylsma and come to realize that he is the wrong choice and now add a 5th.

The problem isn't how long he's had to come to a conclusion.

The problem is that Shero already has reached his conclusion regarding Bylsma.

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
Wake the **** up Shero. Kobasew, Neal, Adams have to go. How long do you need to watch these terrible hockey players play.

You are a ****** GM if you continue to sit around with your thumb up your ass watching all of these waste of spaces players.

Draft some damn forwards

Uh_wtf_gif.gif

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
It was obviously a terrible game.

Thought our top6 guys played a no-effort game outside of Geno (who really didn't have any role in any of the goals against other than the SH if we are being meanies).
Crosby was particularly putrid in this one and it is a testament to the worthlessness of 'real time stats' that he was not booked for a give away after getting into double figures in my book. Kunitz only slightly less wasteful.

No rhythm to our breakout, perhaps because half our D can't make one - at least in this game where I count Martin with Scuds and Orpik only on account of his multitude of icings.

So many things went wrong that I suppose rather than repeat the things I would otherwise like to see and blaming Bylsma, I will just chalk this down to team let down..... and a very good performance by Clemmensen of course. Would have been a different game if he hadn't stoned us on many good chances before the game got away completely.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com

Shero can't ignore the failure and future failure because when you have the talent they have you will have to answer to the Ownership at some point.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Shero can't ignore the failure and future failure because when you have the talent they have you will have to answer to Ownership at some point.

Shero will worry about it then, and then won't be too soon, I'm afraid.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

He said in a press conference last summer that part of the reason he extended Bylsma was because he wants to be more like the Red Wings and have "continuity." So I'm thinking "So you want an overrated team with a bunch of nobodies and slow old ********?"

Shero should be aiming to be more like the Blackhawks if he really wants to copy another team.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No rhythm to our breakout, perhaps because half our D can't make one - at least in this game where I count Martin with Scuds and Orpik only on account of his multitude of icings.

Wasn't just the d though. Nobody could make those breakout touch passes with any kind of accuracy tonight. Everything was into feet or a few feet behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad