Post-Game Talk: Pens/Panthers...Because we close GDTs before putting up post-games for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Trademark of Dan Bylsma coached teams and that is not being ready to play and not enough of the rest of the supporting cast stands up and takes it upon themselves to change the outcome.

What supporting cast?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Look at the stretch of games since Orpik , Glass and Engelland get back. Go back one more if you want (Ottawa), the ****** hockey has been here a while, they've just been able to skill their way through most of it.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
+watching root sports after this loss.

Don't worry everybody - the last time the Pens lost to Florida on home ice was in January 2009, and then they went on to win the cup!!!! :laugh:

I admire the Root Sports tv personalities for sticking to the script no matter how dire the situation becomes.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I could care less about the lose, pens just weren't motivated tonight.

I can't blame the pens, there not going to be playing a meaningful game til game 1 of the playoffs.

One thing that worries me is Sid's rw, Sid misses Dupuis, Sid put up some points 5 on 5 with Neal, other then that he hasn't done much 5 on 5 since Dupuis got hurt.

This is starting to remind of last year when Geno played with about 500 different wingers

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So if the Penguins win the first round in 4 or 5 games, is this what we have to look forward to in Game 1 of the second round? :help:

Depends upon whether we see a defensively dominant team like Ottawa was last year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I could care less about the lose, pens just weren't motivated tonight.

I can't blame the pens, there not going to be playing a meaningful game til game 1 of the playoffs.

One thing that worries me is Sid's rw, Sid misses Dupuis, Sid put up some points 5 on 5 with Neal, other then that he hasn't done much 5 on 5 since Dupuis got hurt.

This is starting to remind of last year when Geno played with about 500 different wingers

And after a really nice Geno is back game against Winnipeg, our quote second line has looked like **** (save the game Neal missed).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Look at the stretch of games since Orpik , Glass and Engelland get back. Go back one more if you want (Ottawa), the ****** hockey has been here a while, they've just been able to skill their way through most of it.

Saying it only started with Letang and Geno returning is a far more convenient narrative.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
The Pens had been doing some good things with transitioning through the neutral zone - something besides the stretch pass. Tonight there was zero support for passers and puck carriers, passes either were up the wall to no one or thrown across the ice, the d-men were often way behind the play (or way ahead), and no attempts to change anything as the game progressed.

I have no idea if this was a defensive issue or offensive issue (I suspect both), players coming back or players being rusty (all of the above), but it would be nice if they would fix that.

Also neither Pyatt or Jokinen should be with Kunitz-Crosby regularly (not that any of them played well).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Saying it only started with Letang and Geno returning is a far more convenient narrative.

Geno hasn't been "good", but he hasn't been horrific, either.

I just don't know what to say. It looks like they've tuned the coach out and are doing whatever they want, but first place and whatnot, I don't have the energy to argue

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Does anyone think that Shero or Bylsma's jobs will be on the line if we falter again in the playoffs?

I'm not being all doom and gloom, I am curious what others think.

The way this team is constructed right now, I am not real excited for the playoffs.

Only guy who's really in jeopardy is MAF. If he blows up again. They have to make a change there. If they don't, i dunno why anyone would support this team anymore.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Make this same thing happen.

That might take Mario and Ron forcing Shero to do that. It was easier for Shero to fire Therrien since he wasn't "his guy" and the Penguins were falling out of the playoff picture. Shero seems to have much more loyalty to Bylsma.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

I just don't know what to say. It looks like they've tuned the coach out and are doing whatever they want, but first place and whatnot, I don't have the energy to argue

This is what happens when the coach tries to often to be the players friend. Nobody ever raises a voice or kicks a garbage can in that locker room. I bet they go to Pizza Hut after a tough loss like little kids do after soccer.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Pretty much this. Wash, rinse, repeat, random excuse generator. At some point, it's just not worth it.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
That might take Mario and Ron forcing Shero to do that. It was easier for Shero to fire Therrien since he wasn't "his guy" and the Penguins were falling out of the playoff picture. Shero seems to have much more loyalty to Bylsma.

He hired him to to be the Head Coach of WBS in 2008 but that doesn't excuse Shero from ignoring the fact that this team with Crosby + Malkin is just a pretender for the cup with Bylsma in charge. He's had 4 seasons to evaluate Bylsma and come to realize that he is the wrong choice and now add a 5th.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA

you're not allowed to be upset because they're winning their division. no matter what else they do, you can't be mad. because, again, at this very moment, they're winning their division.

and if you have any complaints or criticism over this team and how they're playing, you're not a real fan.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is what happens when the coach tries to often to be the players friend. Nobody ever raises a voice or kicks a garbage can in that locker room. I bet they go to Pizza Hut after a tough loss like little kids do after soccer.

indeed. they like Disco for sure, but nobody can convince me that they respect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad