Post-Game Talk: Pens out loser the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I’m kind of curious who they even attempt to bring in, but I know it’ll be Keefe.
I really want Jeff Halpern to be the coach. I think he'd be a perfect fit for how Dubas thinks as well as maximizing the remaining star talent while still developing youthful potential. He's an excellent blend of analytics, on-ice coaching, and creative ideas.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Big minus to get a point. Will propably get the 11th pick, as high as possible without protection

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I was insinuating to people in 2019 that Sully used to adapt and change up in-game. Look back at the 2016 and 2017 runs. He would toss Crosby out mid shift to catch the other teams' worst D pairing. He was insulating Schultz to the tune of 9 mins per night and got great production of out him even in those limited minutes.

2019 rolls around and Sully stopped doing it. That's when I knew he reached full Bylsma

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Penguins have scored 11 goals in their past eight games.
In those games:
• Sidney Crosby, 0-2-2, minus-12
• Evgeni Malkin, 2-2-4, minus-5
• Erik Karlsson, 0-1-1, minus-4
• Kris Letang, 1-0-1, minus-10

I just wonder how many such tweets and articles Yohe will post before saying anything negative about Sullivan.

Also, Sid's dedication to tanking is pretty damn impressive.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's wild that this team is in the state its in, and I still have no *real* faith that they'll fire Sullivan. I mean, logic tells me they have to, but logic's been telling me that since 2020. He kept failing and has gotten an extension since then, that's only now about to kick in. :laugh: That's psychotic.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's wild that this team is in the state its in, and I still have no *real* faith that they'll fire Sullivan. I mean, logic tells me they have to, but logic's been telling me that since 2020. He kept failing and has gotten an extension since then, that's only now about to kick in. :laugh: That's psychotic.
I don't think he's getting fired. I refuse to get my hopes up about it because it will just make me angry if he's still behind the bench next year.

Hell if the team starts off really bad next year I'm *still* not convinced they won't just blame it on age and say it's not his fault lol.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Whoever is running those analyses sites needs to re-evaluate the high danger chances that come from the side of the net. If a goalie is square to you, nothing is high danger at the side of the net. To argue differently is asinine. But I imagine a guy like Mike Sullivan uses those numbers to his advantage.

Remember how ZAR would shoot from anywhere and it would visibly piss his linemates off? Well this is the same thing but for coaches. He games the system to his advantage so he comes out looking better. None of it is effective in the box scores, but it likely helps him keep his job by arguing bad luck.

This is where the eye test is so important. Advanced stats may one day cover everything but until then the Eye is important.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Also I'll say this. It doesn't matter at all any more but I still want to point it out.

Sid is f-ing garbage in OT with his line changes. He routinely goes off on line changes while the other team has possession that end up leaving the Pens in a 3 on 2. They've given up plenty of goals this year because of it in OT.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think he's getting fired. I refuse to get my hopes up about it because it will just make me angry if he's still behind the bench next year.

Hell if the team starts off really bad next year I'm *still* not convinced they won't just blame it on age and say it's not his fault lol.
Yeah, I dunno. This team extended him, before his current deal was even up, after his fourth consecutive 1st round exit. Logic left the building many years ago with this dysfunctional org.

Reactions: Pancakes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Also I'll say this. It doesn't matter at all any more but I still want to point it out.

Sid is f-ing garbage in OT with his line changes. He routinely goes off on line changes while the other team has possession that end up leaving the Pens in a 3 on 2. They've given up plenty of goals this year because of it in OT.
So many guys on this team take leisurely changes in OT, particularly when the other team has possession. It drives me insane. Sid's as guilty of it as anyone. Just awful trios being thrown out by Sully all year and terrible changes made by the guys on the ice. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad