Post-Game Talk: Pens out loser the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Also, LOL @ the folks saying the reason we can't get rid of Sullivan mid-season is because the alternative could be worse.

You can't get much worse than this team's performance over the past dozen games if you stuck a coach behind the bench who's never even seen a hockey game before.
Get the guy from Quinnipiac. He knows how to build a winning culture/program. Couldn’t be worse than the dinosaur we have now.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Also, LOL @ the folks saying the reason we can't get rid of Sullivan mid-season is because the alternative could be worse.

You can't get much worse than this team's performance over the past dozen games if you stuck a coach behind the bench who's never even seen a hockey game before.
This was an absurd stance even a couple years ago before this team started missing the playoffs. :laugh: It feels like trolling nowadays.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If sully is behind the bench they probably will.

If not they might not.

After seeing everything I've seen and making a total ass of myself believing that this conglomeration of busted-ass turds led by a guy whose skull is so dense it could rival neutron stars could actually DO something this year I'm just not prepared to believe this team has the will to do that. They can't even bring themselves to field offers at the TDL for a borderline third liner because of their feelings. They won't even fire the never-was who has been the architect of the most humiliating powerplay in club history. What hope do we have of them firing a guy that they hold ABOVE franchise players who have won this team everything thrice over?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
After seeing everything I've seen and making a total ass of myself believing that this conglomeration of busted-ass turds led by a guy whose skull is so dense it could rival neutron stars could actually DO something this year I'm just not prepared to believe this team has the will to do that. They can't even bring themselves to field offers at the TDL for a borderline third liner because of their feelings. They won't even fire the never-was who has been the architect of the most humiliating powerplay in club history. What hope do we have of them firing a guy that they hold ABOVE franchise players who have won this team everything thrice over?
There was never much hope. Just a fool's hope.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The Pens miss like 99% of the shot they DO take…
Whoever is running those analyses sites needs to re-evaluate the high danger chances that come from the side of the net. If a goalie is square to you, nothing is high danger at the side of the net. To argue differently is asinine. But I imagine a guy like Mike Sullivan uses those numbers to his advantage.

Remember how ZAR would shoot from anywhere and it would visibly piss his linemates off? Well this is the same thing but for coaches. He games the system to his advantage so he comes out looking better. None of it is effective in the box scores, but it likely helps him keep his job by arguing bad luck.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah, Mikey that's totally a new problem and not at all an issue that has been killing the Pens for years. But you will get right on rectifying it, right? Right?!
So he wants the shots from the sides of the net but expects the rebounds to pop out to the front of the net? How though? Someone needs to ask how that can happen.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Better to be cemented in the bottom of the league than to be in that no man's land where you've got no chance at legitimately competing but you're hovering around the WC picture.

I fully expect the worst possible decisions over the next six months though. Sullivan somehow escaping the guillotine, spending big on some loser FAs, even more bullshit PR-speak about gunning for Cups and yinzers lapping it up the whole way.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Penguins im-zone offense is offensive but their "transition" is just a jumbled tornado, like 5-year olds playing indoor soccer.
The players are unskilled and/or cooked but it just looks so much worse than I think they are. That is on Lifetime Coach Mike

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Better to be cemented in the bottom of the league than to be in that no man's land where you've got no chance at legitimately competing but you're hovering around the WC picture.

I fully expect the worst possible decisions over the next six months though. Sullivan somehow escaping the guillotine, spending big on some loser FAs, even more bullshit PR-speak about gunning for Cups and yinzers lapping it up the whole way.
"We believe Mike is the coach to lead us into hell and beyond."

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Penguins im-zone offense is offensive but their "transition" is just a jumbled tornado, like 5-year olds playing indoor soccer.
The players are unskilled and/or cooked but it just looks so much worse than I think they are. That is on Lifetime Coach Mike

Harsh as I've been on the players the last few weeks... man... it's tough to judge what we're REALLY looking at out there, personnel-wise. There is just all kinds of over-coached f***ery going on. Their O-zone offense is so scripted it's maddening.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A lot of those teams are going to bring up young hungry elite players for the end of the season.

We are going to play Nieto or Harkins over Puustinen.
7th seems in reach right now. Montreal is only 5 points behind us.

Ottawa and Arizona are so far behind. Gonna take a serious tank effort to get us there.

Fortunately the Pens seem interested in not winning another game this season

Reactions: Shady Machine

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So is Sully telling them to tank now? I mean, how you still keep the coach when the team refuse to score goals is beyond me. Must be losing for top 10 pick so we can give Sharks a lottery pick.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Harsh as I've been on the players the last few weeks... man... it's tough to judge what we're REALLY looking at out there, personnel-wise. There is just all kinds of over-coached f***ery going on. Their O-zone offense is so scripted it's maddening.
And the OT “strategy” is like everyone freelance and let’s hope for the best lol…

Also, forgive me for not understanding and questioning the best coach in the league, but why was Rakell getting 11 min on L3? Now, I know he’s not good and no one is, but it’s well documented at this point that he plays his best with Sid…no idea why our lifetime coach can’t go:

Bunting-Sid-Rakell
DOC-G-Rust

And leave that turd Smith to get fewer minutes on L3

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
These are the kinds of moments of levity we'll be getting from now on.

I can't even pick on one player for the most bonerific play. It was like they were trying to do a bit or something. Perhaps an impression of the Washington Generals.
I've been subsisting on the chaotic hilarity that is this team's ineptitude for years at this point. :laugh: All you can do is laugh anymore. Why even bother trying to analyze or critique this team? Just sit back and laugh at the comic relief.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
This team is just done. Season is over and everyone is just going through the motions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad