Pens Off day/season thread “Useless information edition”

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think he just used it less the last 6 years because from 2010-2014 his snapshot was still top tier in the league, not that it got better. He scored way more crazy backhand goals earlier in his career than he did from like 2015-2018, I guess he just took less shots.

Probably yeah. Something Bourne pointed out is that a lot of these uber-skills are something the best players add/use more as they get older and can't rely on their old tools as much.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
“Oh, the Johnston era. Well, in his second and final season as head coach, the Penguins opened the season with a rather unimpressive 3-0 loss in Dallas. It was Kessel’s first game with the Penguins, you’ll recall. After the game, a member of the Penguins — I can’t say who it was, but let’s just say, it was a pretty prominent person — approached me and said, “Holy shit, this guy as head coach just isn’t going to work.”

From Yohe’s latest piece. Any guesses as to who that was? I’m glad they were intelligent enough to see what we all saw anyway. I’d guess Letang or Kessel. Would be hilarious if Sid though.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
“Oh, the Johnston era. Well, in his second and final season as head coach, the Penguins opened the season with a rather unimpressive 3-0 loss in Dallas. It was Kessel’s first game with the Penguins, you’ll recall. After the game, a member of the Penguins — I can’t say who it was, but let’s just say, it was a pretty prominent person — approached me and said, “Holy ****, this guy as head coach just isn’t going to work.”

From Yohe’s latest piece. Any guesses as to who that was? I’m glad they were intelligent enough to see what we all saw anyway. I’d guess Letang or Kessel. Would be hilarious if Sid though.

Could be any one of Downie, Comeau, Dupuis...or even Kunitz.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Some reason Yohe rubs me the wrong way. Anyways, I think that Dupuis is a good guess. I also liked this from his piece:
In the Penguins’ locker room before overtime, as Ian Cole told me, there was silence for 10 minutes. They were in shock. And then, Sidney Crosby stood up and said, “We’re better than this f***ing team. Let’s end it.”

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'd guess Dupuis, Kunitz or Letang. Guys who had been around long enough to know what the team needed and what would/wouldn't work.
Yup exactly the guys I thought of. Plus they're guys who had been around long enough to form a good enough relationship with Yohe where they'd be comfortable saying that to him.

Reactions: Beauner

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Kunitz seems too "polite" and if Letang said it I think it would've made the news at that time. So my guess is Dupuis. Plus he let the news out about the locker room rift this past season. Or whatever it was.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
“Oh, the Johnston era. Well, in his second and final season as head coach, the Penguins opened the season with a rather unimpressive 3-0 loss in Dallas. It was Kessel’s first game with the Penguins, you’ll recall. After the game, a member of the Penguins — I can’t say who it was, but let’s just say, it was a pretty prominent person — approached me and said, “Holy ****, this guy as head coach just isn’t going to work.”

I kind of feel it was Sid, given how much Sid hated playing under MJ.

Kunitz seems too "polite" and if Letang said it I think it would've made the news at that time. So my guess is Dupuis. Plus he let the news out about the locker room rift this past season. Or whatever it was.

Oh shit, totally forgot about that. Yeah, that seems like the more natural culprit.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Damn. What a dark period for the boys 14-16 was.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This probably belongs in this thread:

67564753_1794920210654254_6000980121552877370_n.jpg

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad