Pens Off day/season thread “Useless information edition”

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Posted this in the Salary cap thread (not related) so thought I’d make a thread for the useless information (but high quality ;)) about the Pens.

@KIRK @Mike Sullivan I can imagine the stories about his superstitions. Have heard he has some pretty good OCD tendencies. I guess whatever helps make him great.

EDIT: Joey V starts at 43:33, Pens talk 1:21:20 - 1:30:12

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Who was it that wore his junior days shoulder pads? Shanahan?

Superstitions are odd, I used to have a lot of them when I played, but they all started to sort of become less frequent for me the older I got. At this point, the only superstition I have in my life is that I check my locks at least 3x before I walk way. Whether it's my house or my car, 3x.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Posted this in the Salary cap thread (not related) so thought I’d make a thread for the useless information (but high quality ;)) about the Pens.

@KIRK @Mike Sullivan I can imagine the stories about his superstitions. Have heard he has some pretty good OCD tendencies. I guess whatever helps make him great.

Good stuff. I had no idea how Joe's career ended.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Edit: I wonder if Sid's superstitions extend to games where he isn't playing. It'd be funny if he had to have the same number of ice cubes in the press box etc.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Does anyone really know how much I love Joey V?
The guy was born with massive brass balls.
Edit: I wonder if Sid's superstitions extend to games where he isn't playing. It'd be funny if he had to have the same number of ice cubes in the press box etc.
It could explain why he loves the mundane af Simon on his wing or forces the usage of Rust with him.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The guy was born with massive brass balls.

It could explain why he loves the mundane af Simon on his wing or forces the usage of Rust with him.

When he first came to WBS, Joey said the coach said that he was starting on the 4th line. He points out Biz and says he is going to be playing with him so go out and hit everything Biz will have your back.

After his 1st kid was born he thought his AHL pay wasn’t going to be enough so he busted his *** and did everything he could to get a NHL contract.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
When he first came to WBS, Joey said the coach said that he was starting on the 4th line. He points out Biz and says he is going to be playing with him so go out and hit everything Biz will have your back.

After his 1st kid was born he thought his AHL pay wasn’t going to be enough so he busted his *** and did everything he could to get a NHL contract.

And then stayed up because Sid needed a DJ.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I think he also had some ailment so really, he was never even supposed to make it as far as he did and ended up being a regular in the NHL. The only reason he had his career cut short was a bad fight that broke his orbital bone and a bad concussion because of it and then that took so long to recover from that when his next one came, that was game over.

But Vitale was such a heart and soul player, no one wanted to see him go. He was a solid 4C.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah, someone said they heard that during a rookie party in Texas they made Geno stand up and try to name all of the players. He knew about half the team by their numbers only. :laugh:

Makes sense that he wouldn't know that one coach's name --- whose name is escaping me at the moment.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Spittin Chiclets is awesome, especially since Biz and Whitney talk about their experiences which often take place in WBS/Pittsburgh. Lots of guests have crossed paths with them in the organization.
That was a good one. I think it was Sykora of all people too. You think he'd know his name.

Yeah apparently Orpik and... maybe Scuderi? Pointed to Sykora and was like, "who is that?" and Malkin goes "seventeen" :laugh: you've been his linemate for 2 years!!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That was a good one. I think it was Sykora of all people too. You think he'd know his name.

Oh that's just beyond dumb to think it was Sykora, especially because Malkin spent the whole 2004-2005 NHL lockout centering Elias and Sykora for Magnitogorsk . . . :help:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Looks like Sid's doing something similar to last summer.
He hit up Toronto and met up with Drake, headed to Florida then off for another Euro trip. Think he hit Spain.
Now in Germany with Andy O'Brien and you guessed it, on the ice and training:

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Sid's doing something similar to last summer.
He hit up Toronto and met up with Drake, headed to Florida then off for another Euro trip. Think he hit Spain.
Now in Germany with Andy O'Brien and you guessed it, on the ice and training:

Not surprising lol...he had a good season so superstitious Sid has got to replicate his last summer... I’m guessing we’ll see an Instagram pic of him at Wimbledon in July too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad