Post-Game Talk: Pens/Isles Plus/Minus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
B0WoXC5IMAA4fOw.jpg

Martin definitely looks like the one on the right. Is Bennett Gene Simmons? and Bort the other one in the middle?

B0WoXE9IUAA3WZf.jpg

Letang's the mad hatter no idea who the Cheshire cat is.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Martin definitely looks like the one on the right. Is Bennett Gene Simmons? and Bort the other one in the middle?

Letang's the mad hatter no idea who the Cheshire cat is.

BB is Gene, I think Bort is Paul ... not sure about Chris

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I know it's a bit belated, but has anyone brought up the amazing scene in Saturday's game when Downie skated straight up to Hamonic, and pointed directly at him like he was ready to murder him? I really with there was a microphone on him at that point...lol

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I know it's a bit belated, but has anyone brought up the amazing scene in Saturday's game when Downie skated straight up to Hamonic, and pointed directly at him like he was ready to murder him? I really with there was a microphone on him at that point...lol

You know, I really wasn't all that crazy about the Downie signing, but I have to admit, he's growing on me :laugh:

2014-10-18-23_26_17.gif

Downie's amazing.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Spaling, maybe? Is Maatta the Cheshire cat?

I don't think Määttä is the cat,

I only know Gene Simmons so this isn't helping me, haha.

Paul has the Star over one eye ... that's Bort. I think Martin is Ace, the one with the silver eye make-up and silver shoulder pads. And Chris is the one with the cat make-up. I think vabm8 is right, that it's Spaling.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
craig adams is dumbfounded by this sort of behavior from downie

Dumbfounded and outraged, he'll be having a word with Downie, Johnston, the rest of the coaching staff, the team and JR. And Mario and ownership.

The irony of Craig Adams talking about things that could lose them games is still hilarious.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Dumbfounded and outraged, he'll be having a word with Downie, Johnston, the rest of the coaching staff, the team and JR. And Mario and ownership.

The irony of Craig Adams talking about things that could lose them games is still hilarious.

Adams hasn't been as bad as he appeared last year and the year before that. It's become apparent that Gladams was exponentially worse than either Glass or Adams by themselves. Trying to come up with the mathematical proof - could be Nobel prize material. It also helps that our new coach ingeniously seems to be limiting 27's ES ice time.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Adams hasn't been as bad as he appeared last year and the year before that. It's become apparent that Gladams was exponentially worse than either Glass or Adams by themselves. Trying to come up with the mathematical proof - could be Nobel prize material. It also helps that our new coach ingeniously seems to be limiting 27's ES ice time.

He still lost that team games (good old Danny Bylsma) last season, he will most likely do it this season, and they can do better now. We'll see how long he can keep this performance up. But, yes, Gladams was infinitely worse than Adams, just like Adams being with a real coach who limits his minutes and doesn't tupidly gift him a prominent role is good for Adams. The most damning/shameful moment for Glass was when Adams found a playoff gear and he didn't.

Really bad player 1 + Really bad player 2 + Idiot coach and enabling GM = Super bad result

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

I've seem quite a few people say this.

1) we're 4 games into the year and the Penguins have had an incredibly easy schedule so far (4 games in, what, 11 days?).

2) The bottom-6 actually looked decent the first week or two last year, and we were all like, "LOL WE PAID THIS GUY THE MINIMUM FOR ALL THE GOALS!"

3) Craig Adams' last 2+ years say much, much more than the past 3 games.

4) Even if you think he's better (don't worry, I'm saving the best for last), removing him from the team would cost the team nothing. At his best, Craig Adams is a great #14.

5) Now, to the important stuff: Craig Adams is getting insulated with incredibly-favorable zone starts. Despite this, he's still in the bottom half of possession #s for the team.

He adds no physicality, no offensive ability, no skating ability, no puck possession ability, and the PK has been trash.

Yea, I think we can set our sights a bit higher.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, it is kind of bizarre much like the Martin - Scuderi pairing on the PK. If we are preaching a puck possession system why do we have players like Adams that can literally do nothing with the puck. Why have a player like Scuds on the PK when all he does is pretty much cough it up or barely try and throw it out the middle of the ice.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
In Adams defense, he was complaining about how he thought the refs made a bad call on what I think he described as a textbook hit when asked about Downie's actions.

My guess is he took heat from his colleagues over his quotes in that one article and is trying to make up for that. He got in someone's face the next game, which is something I haven't seen from him in years.

This isn't to say I don't want to see him locked in a cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, however.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I've seem quite a few people say this.

1) we're 4 games into the year and the Penguins have had an incredibly easy schedule so far (4 games in, what, 11 days?).

2) The bottom-6 actually looked decent the first week or two last year, and we were all like, "LOL WE PAID THIS GUY THE MINIMUM FOR ALL THE GOALS!"

3) Craig Adams' last 2+ years say much, much more than the past 3 games.

4) Even if you think he's better (don't worry, I'm saving the best for last), removing him from the team would cost the team nothing. At his best, Craig Adams is a great #14.

5) Now, to the important stuff: Craig Adams is getting insulated with incredibly-favorable zone starts. Despite this, he's still in the bottom half of possession #s for the team.

He adds no physicality, no offensive ability, no skating ability, no puck possession ability, and the PK has been trash.

Yea, I think we can set our sights a bit higher.

I don't like the situation more than most others, but if it hasn't changed by now, I'm not holding my breath. Just saying 27 looks better because he's not out there getting long regular shifts with Glass, who was just as ineffective.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't like the situation more than most others, but if it hasn't changed by now, I'm not holding my breath. Just saying 27 looks better because he's not out there getting long regular shifts with Glass, who was just as ineffective.

Fact is when healthy there is no need for Adams. Our bottom six will be a combination of Comeau, Spaling, Goc and Sill on our fourth line. On our third line we will have a combination of Downie, Sutter, Comeau, Bennett and Spaling. That is barring out a trade for a goal scorer for Malkin which might even push Dupuis into that conversation. Really impressed with Spaling's play this year and understand those selling his praise in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad