Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Habs Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed and also, what are our chances of trading a 5.5 million dollar per season Drouin? I'd say right up there with our chances of trading Alzner.

Let's not get carried away. Drouin might be underachieving, but he's still got value. Alzner has no value whatsoever.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yes it was called back. The chain of events went like this. It was ruled no goal on the ice by the ref. It was reviewed and determined that it was indeed a good goal. LA then challenged for goalie interference by Shaw on Campbell and it was reversed again and the goal was called off. Total clown show moment..

So I'm guessing it was originally a question of whether the puck crossed the line, which turned into a question of goalie interference?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So I'm guessing it was originally a question of whether the puck crossed the line, which turned into a question of goalie interference?

The puck was still moving towards the goal line when the ref blew his whistle and he immediately called the goal off. It was reviewed and it was determined that since the puck was still in motion the puck would've still crossed the line. I guess it was one of those the ref intended or didn't intend to blow his whistle kind of things. Anyway there was slight contact on Campbell by Shaw during the play and the goal was eventually called off for goalie interference.

You can see the play in the video starting at about 3:45 into it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Poll
For how long will Carey Price be out with a mysterious flu :
  • 1 game
  • 1 week
  • 2 to 4 weeks
  • 1 to 4 months
Place your bets

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Let's not get carried away. Drouin might be underachieving, but he's still got value. Alzner has no value whatsoever.
5.5 million a season has to bring more than this to the table and if he continues to not give a rats ass on the ice I would love to see MB try and trade him for something of value. Why don't they drop him to the 4th line like they did with Galchenyuk?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
5.5 million a season has to bring more than this to the table and if he continues to not give a rats ass on the ice I would love to see MB try and trade him for something of value. Why don't they drop him to the 4th line like they did with Galchenyuk?

The thing is that there are always underachieving players in this league who happen to have hefty contracts. They can be traded for each other. That is still value.

With Alzner, there is no reclamation project, no upside. That means no value.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The puck was still moving towards the goal line when the ref blew his whistle and he immediately called the goal off. It was reviewed and it was determined that since the puck was still in motion the puck would've still crossed the line. I guess it was one of those the ref intended or didn't intend to blow his whistle kind of things. Anyway there was slight contact on Campbell by Shaw during the play and the goal was eventually called off for goalie interference.

You can see the play in the video starting at about 3:45 into it.

I thought Shaw was out of the crease when Campbell got bumped. I haven’t watched it again, but it didn’t look like Shaw was in the crease or that contact was intentional

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I thought Shaw was out of the crease when Campbell got bumped. I haven’t watched it again, but it didn’t look like Shaw was in the crease or that contact was intentional

Shaw wasn't in the crease when contact was made. Campbell was at the top of the crease and close to being outside when contact was first made. The contact pushed Campbell back inside the crease. When it comes to goalie interference calls and the NHL you just never know how it will go. I wasn't surprised that the goal was called off though.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
After 1 regulation loss it’s amazing how many have declared the season over. They are 1-1-1! I’m sure most would’ve thought they be 0-3 and shut out every game! God, you guys need to relax. They aren’t as bad as everyone thinks. I don’t know if they’ll make playoffs, but they won’t finish bottom 3 again.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Shaw wasn't in the crease when contact was made. Campbell was at the top of the crease and close to being outside when contact was first made. The contact pushed Campbell back inside the crease. When it comes to goalie interference calls and the NHL you just never know how it will go. I wasn't surprised that the goal was called off though.
Ya it sucked. Price has embellished these things before as well, so it happens.

Reactions: sheed36

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
I wanna see these for 3 games:

Drouin Domi Gallagher
Tatar Danault Byron
Lehkonen Kotka Scherbak
Hudon Shaw Armia

..and tell Scherbak.. This is your last opportunity, skate like you're trying to injure the ice.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Now we see why 5’8 Mike Peca still has not cracked an NHL line up and he is pushing 25/26.
Bergevin overpaid is an understatement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad