Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Habs Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
1.3 million x 2 for a guy who has played 20 NHL games is an irresponsible use of cap money.

No it isn't. We aren't going to win the cup anyway. I don't mind them taking shots at fringe AHL/NHL guys to see if one of them can develop. Zero downside to the contract with the cap space we have.

Reactions: De Montreal

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don’t know what you are seeing but Armia is killing to many plays with his low hockey IQ.

Kotka should be playing with our best wingers, I knew this would happen..

If kotka is not gonna be played with legit top 6 NHL players than send him back to Finland or Laval and let’s get back to tanking.

I agree there is not much use playing him with Hudon and Shaw et al.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Meh, I am far from a MB defender at this point but Peca type of acquisitions are the ones I can get behind for given our current situation. Sure, you could argue Czarnik might have been a better target if we were to go down that route but it's still early to give up on him.

Steve336

Mar 21, 2017
5.5 million a season has to bring more than this to the table and if he continues to not give a rats ass on the ice I would love to see MB try and trade him for something of value. Why don't they drop him to the 4th line like they did with Galchenyuk?

What do you think you would possibly get for him? Over inflated sense of his own worth/talent (re: sitting out in TB years back) and now complete lack of effort means you would be lucky if a team gave MTL a 7th round pick for him and still the Habs would likely have to eat part of his contract.

Reactions: OldCraig71
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Sure thing, let’s see what we have in Sherback, but let’s give him a proper look..

Tatar-Kotka-Gally
Drouin-Domi-Sherby
Byron-Danault-Lehky
Hudon-DLR-Shaw

Claude is too slow to see these lines
Armia was one of our best player against Toronto and Pittsburgh. I can't see Hudon, DLR or Shaw playing over him. Otherwise, I dont mind these line. I would have:

Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Byron
Lehkonen - Danault - Scherbak
Hudon - Shaw - Armia

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Armia was one of our best player against Toronto and Pittsburgh. I can't see Hudon, DLR or Shaw playing over him. Otherwise, I dont mind these line. I would have:

Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Byron
Lehkonen - Danault - Scherbak
Hudon - Shaw - Armia
Switch Byron and Sherback, Sherby deserves a REAL chance. But I’m liking your lines..

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
1.3 million x 2 for a guy who has played 20 NHL games is an irresponsible use of cap money.
it's only a concern if MB tries to build the team with fast low-skilled guys as opposed to grinding low skilled guys as he used to.

It's great that MB is focused on getting younger and faster. But if he doesn't also focus on skill and talent, we're screwed.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He won’t, too Dumb and loyal to his mediocre Frenchman 3C.
Danault wasn't even good with Pacioretty and Radulov, he was a passenger so that meant that Rads had to play with 2 passengers on his line. People call Radulov a money chaser but forget that he was a guy actually worth the f***ing money, he was our best player by a mile. Danault is a third liner at best that is until Poehling gets here and starts tipping a few pucks in and replaces him.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin was terrible last season but luckily he had our other famous passenger to deflect the heat off him. This year he has nowhere to hide, how enthusiastic would we all be if he even showed the things that Kotkaniemi already shows at 18? You defenders can call it hate but surely your standards are higher than the arguments you present on a daily basis in favour of this kid? This trade is going to turn out to be waaaaayyyy more lopsided than the PK give away.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think Byron will be a good fit with Kotka. It would be nice to have a more offensively talented player on the right though.
Put guys with him that actually work on a shift, give him time and space to get used to the music if you will. They are already f***ing with his development already just by not doing that very thing.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Put guys with him that actually work on a shift, give him time and space to get used to the music if you will. They are already ****ing with his development already just by not doing that very thing.
Exactly, I’ve been saying this since his first preseason game, it was clear to see he was on a different level than our other centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad