Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Habs - Sat 7 EST

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
finally, we can see if the habs are for real. haven't played much competition yet, and only teams who are below us. by sunday night, we will know where we stand.

Pigems*

finally, we can see if the habs are for real. haven't played much competition yet, and only teams who are below us. by sunday night, we will know where we stand.

Every team we play is below us right now, even Boston and Pitt :facepalm:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Um, we did just beat that team that slaughtered us on Feb 9th. They might not be that great, but they were a huge monkey on our back.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
If we lose both games handily, we know we were just playing over our heads this season.

If we win one lose one, I have my doubts about this team.

If we play good enough to win but it just doesn't work out like the way it went for Ottawa, there is no doubt we are for real.

If we get two wins this weekend, there is no doubt we are for real!

Go Habs Go!

It will depend on how well we play vs them

If we play well, but lose both, nothing to worry about, you move on and improve

We lost 6-0 at home vs the Laffs and a lot of people here were saying we werent for real, but we learned a lot from that game and hammered the Leafs in Toronto

If we beat both Pitt and Boston without playing well, then it's worse because you know those 2 teams can and will play better in the playoffs

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I think this team is quite different from some of our successful teams of the past, other years we came roaring out of the gate but our team was much more 1 dimensional. ie. great PP, but poor 5 on 5.
This season we have a little of everything, Markov back and healthy, a couple young surprising talents who made the leap to the bigs and have been an asset. a great pick up. some more grit. PK and Price are 1 more year seasoned. we seem to have a good attitude in the dressing room this year, the first in awhile.
I mean honestly I could go on and on, this team just seems to have real promise and I'm not even afraid of a jinx saying that.
I mean "The Habs" a puck possession team. who would have thought it.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

We've played against equally good teams and better teams already. Carolina, Boston, Ottawa.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
No, the Bruins are too good.

But I really don't understand the pessimism around here.
Agreed on both fronts. I think Boston will win the division but we will finish 4th-6th. If they were barely winning most of our games or just pulling them out of their arses then I could see why people would doubt them. But the last two games they've played against the Sens and the Leafs should be an indication of how good the team is this year, even with a couple bad injuries (Bourky and Diaz).

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Why? Do we get points if they win?

I'm guessing you knew what was implied, i.e., that the Pens will rarely lose 3 (but it could happen!) and Bylsma will get his ship righted. Then again, even the pens can have a bad streak and if they have bad puck luck and we finish our chances, no reason why they can't drop a 3rd straight. That or we just plain win the fight even if they are at the top of our game.

I will say this from observing the players all around the ice at the ACC last night --- we miss Diaz! I would feel a lot more confident going into this weekend with him playing. And not like Bourque wasn't doing a fantastic job. Everyone has injuries, just saying I think we are every bit as good as the pens and bruins with all healthy lineups.

PricePkPatch*

Get yourself some infractions the avatar disappears by itself:naughty:

Absolutely not! That would violate the spirit of the bet and compromise my honor. Plus, I'd wear the avatar after my infractions will be gone to make up for my Board Lawyering

Analyzer*

Two reasons to be even more fired up.

Help your coach beat his former team.

Just to beat Boston.

IMO the two best measuring sticks in the East are the Pens and Bruins. Sucks it's on back-to-back nights, but we'll see how we can handle it.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Pens lost 2 in a row. Not good for us.

The Pens are not that good without Sid or Malkin and that's the bottom line. They have 1 line when 1 of the 2 is out of the lineup, if we could stop Sid with Neal and Kunitz there is nothing left. Our speed will take care or their awful D and Fleury is so ****ing shaky he is one of the worst goalies in the league

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
habs have always been good against the Pens plus without Malkin i like our odds.

Plus we owe the bruins they didn't deserve the w last time let's go steal one in Boston.

This year the teams believes in the system and trusts the coach they are playing as one and with Price Subban, Markov, Paciorretty, galcehnyuk, Plekanec has the core we have a good team.

I remenber calling a 5th place this year for the habs and i was called an idiot well i think i'm looking good now.
maybe u were called an idiot for not putting them in first :naughty:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Not nescessarily. If the games are evenly played, but Price is great, he
could steal them both.

Then many will say that habs are mediocre at best, but the have good
goaltending.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Hopefully Bourque is back for the Boston game and it would be nice to see Weber get a chance to play vs. Pittsburgh

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
What I find ridiculous is that we play the Pens and Bruins again back-to-back on the 26th and 27th...

The schedule is all messed up this year cause of the lock out, I mean we make up for those crappy back to back with our great schedule of the start of the year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad