Post-Game Talk: Pens go up in flames on their road to 3 wins. Calgary 5 - Pens 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I thought that was the best game the Pens played in a long time.

All the lines were rolling except Geno's line, but his line started to get it going in the 3rd.

The Schultz effect was quite noticeable, in his first game back he made that def so much better.

It was the best the PP looked in a long time.

The most important take away was the fight the Pens showed today, i haven't seen that much fight all year from the Pens, i kinda feel like this game is going to get the Pens going.

Murray was obviously the negative part of the game, he lost the game for them.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I thought that was the best game the Pens played in a long time.

All the lines were rolling except Geno's line, but his line started to get it going in the 3rd.

The Schultz effect was quite noticeable, in his first game back he made that def so much better.

It was the best the PP looked in a long time.

The most important take away was the fight the Pens showed today, i haven't seen that much fight all year from the Pens, i kinda feel like this game is going to get the Pens going.

Murray was obviously the negative part of the game, he lost the game for them.
yep. The team looked good in that one imo. Murray, not so much. But if you just average out the last three games from Murray and have him play the average in all 3, I bet we still come out 2-1 in those three games, if not 1-2. It happens. He'll bounce back.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This loss wouldn’t be such a big deal if we hadn’t played like shit for months at a time and now every game is a must-win.

We lost to a good team, it happens.

We are likely out of the playoffs by the end of the night.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
WTH?! Game over? What am I supposed to do now? Anyone watching bobsled or biathlon later?

The game? Just as I predicted!!! Easy peazy W for the good guys but like always it's the opposite, trust me when you're making bets, I never guess right.

Penguins are on the decline, bye bye playoffs...

P.S. Blueger had 3 SOG, I liked that
I'm watching Blues / Avs now

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I didn't like the Pens starts in the 1st and 2nd period but I thought they played well for good stretches after those starts. I was also pleasantly surprised by their push in the 3rd after a very demoralizing finish to the 2nd.

Murray had a rough game but I thought a lot of the goals against him were fluky redirects etc.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This loss wouldn’t be such a big deal if we hadn’t played like **** for months at a time.

We lost to a good team, it happens.

We are likely out of the playoffs by the end of the night.
yep, it's our play against the bad teams that is killing us this year.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Played decently against a good team but you just can’t allow 4 goals in a period. Shame they couldn’t comeback.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I didn't like the Pens starts in the 1st and 2nd period but I thought they played well for good stretches after those starts. I was also pleasantly surprised by their push in the 3rd after a very demoralizing finish to the 2nd.

Murray had a rough game but I thought a lot of the goals against him were fluky redirects etc.
yep, I agree. One really bad goal, and then the rest was a "we need him to make a hard save" kind of game. Sadly, even just the one bad one was enough to lose this one.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Maybe Sid is tired of the floaters and lackadaisical efforts by some players. Pens are not good enough to turn anything on and win. Sully is still kicking the dying horse here. Unless the players hold themselves to playing every shift with a sense of urgency, Pens issues are to big to over come. Murray was not very good but man the D just wasn't there for two periods. Just have to wonder how Martin and Gonchar kept Ruwedel on the sideline two months of this crapo D.

Reactions: turtle27

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
CS 1.6 servers are still full. Crazy.
what a great game. It was my only foray into sponsored/semi-professional gaming, and it lasted like a month. We got a sponsor to pay for a server and our league costs. I had to work during our first league match and I got home to find out that our team had been kicked out of the league for racial slurs and vulgarity :cry: Oh what could have been. The answer is of course nothing, because I wasn't (and still am not) very good :laugh:

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
what a great game. It was my only foray into sponsored/semi-professional gaming, and it lasted like a month. We got a sponsor to pay for a server and our league costs. I had to work during our first league match and I got home to find out that our team had been kicked out of the league for racial slurs and vulgarity :cry: Oh what could have been. The answer is of course nothing, because I wasn't (and still am not) very good :laugh:
CS 1.6 is my fav game ever. So much fun in de_dust2 I think I’m going to redownload it today :laugh:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Probably gonna need a smidge over 100 pts to get in.
Have 67 now.
Possible 48 pts on the board to get.
Things are that razor thin...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
CS 1.6 is my fav game ever. So much fun in de_dust2 I think I’m going to redownload it today :laugh:
Yeah it might be mine too. Starcraft is up there as well, but it just feels too much like work sometimes in the serious matches. CS I love both serious matches and the more laid back servers that just keep on going as people jump in and out. That's the biggest thing I miss with CS:GO is the lack of the community feel from the old servers. I made legit friends playing 1.6 back in the day. I even "bumped into" a guy I had met via a CS1.6 server while playing Rocket League. I recognized him because his steam avatar is a clan tag spray I had made for him in MSPaint in like 2002 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad