Post-Game Talk: Pens go up in flames on their road to 3 wins. Calgary 5 - Pens 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
a loss there sucks, but that felt like a loss that we can build on. If Geno just came back to life, we're a whole new team.

Except we still can’t play D worth **** and our goaltending is amazing one minute and weak as **** the rest...but other than that...

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Just something about 60 minutes of committed 5 man hockey. Especially defensively. They are so hit or miss and way too inconsistent. But we come down to 60 minutes of hockey needed. You can tell when they want it, they control the play. But they play a max of 30 minute committed hockey. IF they found a way to give 60, they control what they want.

Still... nice to see Geno back to his normal self. He really came alive in the 2nd 30 minutes. I thought Sid was awesome all game. Great to see Schultz back.

Very nice attempted comeback but you cannot play half a game against a great team.

A team with consistent play and a gameplan don't have to "will it" and go balls to the walls to make it work during the regular season.

Just seems like any time they play good, it's because superstars decide to do superstar things and work as hard as they would during a playoff game.

But maybe it's just me.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I wanted to see some heart in the third by the second line and they showed it.

Really thought we had them. The faceoff with 10 was excited perfectly we just didn’t get the right rebound.

Shultz looked good too. He makes a difference out there for sure.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
WTH?! Game over? What am I supposed to do now? Anyone watching bobsled or biathlon later?

The game? Just as I predicted!!! Easy peazy W for the good guys but like always it's the opposite, trust me when you're making bets, I never guess right.

Penguins are on the decline, bye bye playoffs...

P.S. Blueger had 3 SOG, I liked that

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
They just couldn't make up for the hole MM dug for the team. Sucks when you score 4 goals but can't even get a point. Hopefully they can make the POs despite MM this season.

Man-grinding-axe-vintage.jpg

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Great third, hopefully this can be the start of something to build off of.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Straight loss with no points is something they can't afford right now.
Atleast they staged a comeback...
All i got.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
if you don't think Geno looking like Geno again is a silver lining, you're out of your mind.

Yea for five minutes. Let's see him out together 10 games in a row like that. It means absolutely nothing without consistency.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Please go to the Vegas board. Seriously, your act is getting old.

I was about to come in here and say "I blame Murray for this game the same way I blamed DeSmith for a couple of games ago", but seriously, get lost with your horse****.
He's been on my ignore list a long time.

He plays the exact opposite of the Fleury card on the MM card that you know he's only posting on the forums to troll.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
We win that game more times than not given more fortunate bounces. Smith made the stops, is what it is. Fun game to watch, looking forward to them going on a run any minute now.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
What's our goal difference in second periods? Seems like we lose them badly almost every game. Good to see the PP finally coming alive but this time we didn't have superhuman Murray, so the defensive errors cost us in the end. Plus, Smith is pretty bad, losing to a team playing their backup is becoming all too familiar.

Reactions: Nakawick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad