Post-Game Talk: Pens dominate Boston!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Well Blues suck and so does Allen. I can see Crosby getting another 3 point night!

Points?!? No no my friend...GOALS..3+ goal night! Come on Sid..ride the lightning from this game. He needs 22 goals in 4 games for official 50 in 50. Lol..

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I cant. Which is why we pay him 3 ish. I hope it's under 3.5 though.

Its just..im a cheap *******!

If he keeps it up he'd still cheap for what you get. He's really close to a ppg and could hit 30 goals, and he handled the playoffs last season.

Allen isn't on their road trip. They left him home to find himself mentally (or something).

All the easier to take Fleury with them.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
This isn't Penguins related but it's so weird that Boston has Backes at wing. During their last game their PBP guy quoted Backes as saying he hadn't adjusted to the center responsibilities under Julien's system yet, which is baffling considering he's had camp, preseason and half a regular season to figure it out. Julien's system must be really ****ed up.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Crosby - Rust - Sheary line name.. The Crusty Line

Nah man the Crush line!!

But seriously though Sheary is proving me wrong. I didn't say he wouldn't make the NHL and was garbage like not on that side of the spectrum. I saw him as a potential 3rd line bonus scoring for 30 points

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Posted this in the Steelers thread but will post it here too.

Dunno if anyone else saw it, but channel 4 had a funny clip of the Pens standing outside some building giving a support message to the Steelers, but they pranked Sid by everyone staying quiet when it came for the time for them all to say "let's go Steelers".

When Sid realized it he had the most wtf reaction I've ever seen from him while the rest of the team all laughed.

Was pretty funny.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Dunno if anyone else saw it, but channel 4 had a funny clip of the Pens standing outside some building giving a support message to the Steelers, but they pranked Sid by everyone staying quiet when it came for the time for them all to say "let's go Steelers".

When Sid realized it he had the most wtf reaction I've ever seen from him while the rest of the team all laughed.

Was pretty funny.

Ye snapchat had that going on

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen

Was pretty funny.

Malkin almost fell over laughing. Letang was pretty proud of himself as well. Why are the such dumb goobers?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Was pretty funny.

They tweeted about it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hard to complain about much after the last couple games. We just kicked sand in the face of a team that's historically given us the most trouble because of their tight defense.

+ Sheary-Crosby-Rust was outstanding. Maybe Rust's finding a way to gel with these two.
+ Sheary's ceiling looks higher than any of us dreamed. He's been an impact player lately.
+ Guentzel-Geno-Horny was great. Horny and Geno look better together when Guentzel's on LW.
+ 4th line still better than the sum of its parts.
+ Murray was unreal.
+ bit of a bounceback for Daley

+/- HBK was...okay.

- Maatta had another stinker. He made two bad plays on the Bruins' lone goal.
- Gaunce hitting a Bruin into Murray. That's our meal ticket, you clod!

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Hard to complain about much after the last couple games. We just kicked sand in the face of a team that's historically given us the most trouble because of their tight defense.

+ Sheary-Crosby-Rust was outstanding. Maybe Rust's finding a way to gel with these two.
+ Sheary's ceiling looks higher than any of us dreamed. He's been an impact player lately.
+ Guentzel-Geno-Horny was great. Horny and Geno look better together when Guentzel's on LW.
+ Murray was unreal.

+/- HBK was...okay.

No it wasn't. It sucked. Bonino with a 5v5 CF% of 24%, Hagelin slightly better than that and Kessel leading that line with 32%, thats horrific. It's seriously just a **** line, good that the Pens can beat up on a team like Boston, but you only have a functioning top 6 now. Everyone has been saying HBK for the depth, putting Kessel in the top 6 would be bad for the team because then other teams will shut down your top 6 easier. NEWS FLASH, that's what you have now, the third line is actually a bag of trash that other teams are ******** on constantly. You have no advantage in terms of depth.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

+ Murray was unreal.

+/- HBK was...okay.

Daley has had 3 great games. Really on fire as of late. And HBK was meh at best. They were not great by any means and still really struggling.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No it wasn't. It sucked. Bonino with a 5v5 CF% of 24%, Hagelin slightly better than that and Kessel leading that line with 32%, thats horrific. It's seriously just a **** line, good that the Pens can beat up on a team like Boston, but you only have a functioning top 6 now. Everyone has been saying HBK for the depth, putting Kessel in the top 6 would be bad for the team because then other teams will shut down your top 6 easier. NEWS FLASH, that's what you have now, the third line is actually a bag of trash that other teams are ******** on constantly. You have no advantage in terms of depth.

We kinda beat up on Holtby, Price, and Rask in short order. We're not getting gimmies here.

I didn't and don't check the CF% of any line before I judge their game. I don't think they were horrendous, and I don't think they were great. There's certainly room for improvement, but I like Sullivan's suggestion for the trio and I think they have been playing closer together.

With lines 1,2, and 4 firing on all cylinders, we can afford to let HBK try to find their groove. Lines 1 and 2 aren't configured just the way I'd like them, but it's hard to argue with the way they're filling the net lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad