Post-Game Talk: Pens dominate Boston!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Only player that stood out as subpar to me was Bonino. Murray, Sid, Sheary...wow.

The defense minus Dumo and Letang is acquitting itself quite well, especially in terms of contributing to the offense.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
One of the best, if not the best game I've seen Murray play. Not the Pens best game, but I just love how dangerous this team is now that the young talent is finding their stride as well.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Malkin playin like good strong soviet boy
Murray..done deal..league is should be scared

Pens ice. Its great.I mean, just the best. Its fast. Allows Pens to put scores that are huuge. Love!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: That save at 2-1 was huge. Allowed us to break the game open again. Almost identical to Friday night. Then the Pens blow up.

+ Rust/Sheary/Horny/Guentzel: All 4 wingers were terrific for their star centers. Especially Sheary.

+ Sid/Geno: Leading the way. Sid with a couple blunders but still played terrific. Geno is in absolute beast mode and I love game after game after game. He's such a treat to watch right now.

Boy.. my mind is quickly going to Steelers so I apologize for the brief information.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So Fleury doesn't start another game for the foreseeable future, correct? Because I'm really not seeing it. Sullivan went with Murray after that Washington mess and he has done nothing but shine since then.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
How did we only get 1 PP? like holy ****, refs just let Bruins do whatever they wanted.

By my count, Marchand should have had a rough/cross check to the head and an embellishment, and could have had 1 or 2 more. So yeah, maybe the refs haven't heard of him before. NHL mercy rule I guess.

I'm actually surprised Boston has as many points as they do. Very mediocre team in every aspect but starting goaltender and coach. Despite that, every win against them is a good one.

And to all the folks who keep making posts wondering if we're keeping PH / should keep PH, you guys are nuts. He'll be extended the minute he's eligible.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Weekes . . . 'they undersell Pittsburgh on how hard they're willing to work in front of the opponent's net'.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It was good to see MM be MM again.

And Sheary is rapidly healing any trauma caused by Brian Gibbons.

Sully's decision to go with Murray after the Washington game and then to ride him was appropriate at long last and has been rewarded.

Commentary at the end of the broadcast:

"Let's see who's in net for the Pens on tuesday.":facepalm:

Oh dear God. :help:

I'm betting Murray gets both games before the ASG.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It was good to see MM be MM again.

And Sheary is rapidly healing any trauma caused by Brian Gibbons.

Sheary has more goals in his last 4 games than Gibbons has in his entire NHL career. I always found the Gibbons comparison to be off base, the only similarities they have are that they're fast and undersized wingers.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Really disgusted by what Marchand did. That crosscheck to a guy with his head on the ice is disturbing stuff VERY similar to Bertuzzi. Very disgusting stuff. Never want to see that in hockey again.

Love how Geno responded after we were up big. I thought that was good timing. I love how the team completely ignored the **** and skated circles around the Bs.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Another really impressive part of the last 3 games is the patch work D-Core looking very capable.
It pays to have an identity where a Botteril can go out and fill out the depth like he did.
This team is still playing without 2 of it's top 4 D-Men.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Malkin playin like good strong soviet boy
Murray..done deal..league is should be scared

Pens ice. Its great.I mean, just the best. Its fast. Allows Pens to put scores that are huuge. Love!

Geno really has his legs under him right now. Not too many guys can handle him when he's playing this strong. Fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad