Post-Game Talk: Pens dominate Boston!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It was good to see MM be MM again.

And Sheary is rapidly healing any trauma caused by Brian Gibbons.

tumblr_o61vkz5EGn1txyx4lo1_400.png

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We are 6 point dogs and NE has our number in the playoffs. If the dogs on the road win, I'll change it. I'm not expecting it, unfortunately. Ben just hasn't been himself.

1. As I said a week ago, I like the Steelers as big dogs. They generally suck on the road, but they generally are a favorite. As a big dog, they tend to overperform.

2. **** Boston.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
We are 6 point dogs and NE has our number in the playoffs. If the dogs on the road win, I'll change it. I'm not expecting it, unfortunately. Ben just hasn't been himself.

Yea, I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from. I don't think it's ever a good idea to bet against Brady in New England, or on the moon for that matter.

44-17 New England.
:damnpc:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno really has his legs under him right now. Not too many guys can handle him when he's playing this strong. Fun to watch.

It's not the legs so much as the approach.

He's not cheating offensively anymore. Everything is defense first, spring Horny/Guentzel, then beat his man from deep out of his zone and come late.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

He's not cheating offensively anymore. Everything is defense first, spring Horny/Guentzel, then beat his man from deep out of his zone and come late.

More than anything, I want Sully to be able to get Geno into permanent "Let Tampa See My Face" mode.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am going on record right now and GUARANTEEING a win by both teams today!!!!

WOO HOO

Realistically, Kev, you never stand by your posts. You swore up and down that Yak would have been the greatest Penguin of all time. You also wanted the Pens to be a physical team instead of fast.

So I hope you are right, but your word doesn't have much merit at this point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Great game by Murray. He made the big saves when the game was still close, then kept on making saves to not give Boston any life when the Pens pulled away.

Also great game by the line I've been *****ing about, although my main beef was with the Rust part of the line. Sheary's producing like a legitimate top line winger. It's absolutely crazy what a gem he's turned out to be.

Geno's still flying, and Hornqvist had a particularly strong game. Not only his goal, but his physicality and work along the boards and in front of the net. Guentzel also continues to show why he should stay in the NHL.

The defense corps, by and large, is holding their own. Considering they're undermanned and are playing two AHL guys semi-regularly, they're doing a solid job.

I thought Hagelin had a lot of jump on the PK. He and Kessel are fine, but Bonino really needs to pick it up.

And yes, Kunitz doesn't look useless when he's playing on the 4th line. Keep him there and you won't hear much out of me.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

Yeah, it's obvious he's working hard out there. I feel like he's helped out behind his own net more in the past week than the rest of the season put together. He's passing to 59 with regularity now too, which is great to see. Really complete game, vintage Geno.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Realistically, Kev, you never stand by your posts. You swore up and down that Yak would have been the greatest Penguin of all time. You also wanted the Pens to be a physical team instead of fast.

Ha ha... I love how Moderators are allowed to troll.

I could about list 20 topics on here where you were dead nuts wrong on, and I WAS PROVEN 100% right, but of course, I'M not allowed to.

Bless you

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Another really impressive part of the last 3 games is the patch work D-Core looking very capable.
It pays to have an identity where a Botteril can go out and fill out the depth like he did.
This team is still playing without 2 of it's top 4 D-Men.

Granted certain members of the D have struggled this year, but I maintain they were never as good as they seemed during the Cup run outside of the willingness to block an obscene amount of shots.

It was Murray providing actual cup winning quality goaltending for once, and more importantly an ice-wide commitment to speed and forechecking by the forwards that prevented any time for the opponent to view the ice in front of them before they had someone in their face disrupting the play.

If the forwards and goaltending are playing as well as they have shown they're capable, they won't need all-stars on the defense to be good enough to win.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Rust is starting to look better on the first line. I still think he's a little weak on the puck but he's starting to get to the right areas at the right times like Sheary has been doing.

If he can keep up with Sid I can see some logic in leaving Kessel on the third line to spread out the offense, as Guentzel-Malkin-Hornqvist looks good too. The only problem is Bonino. He looks...not great. It's to the point where I almost would rather see Fehr on the third line.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ha ha... I love how Moderators are allowed to troll.

I could about 20 topics on here where you were dead nuts wrong on, and I WAS PROVEN 100% right, but of course, I'M not allowed to.

Bless you

It's not a troll? Your documented past of being wrong is... well it's there. That's not trolling in any way. It's just the truth.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen

The Yak thing is probably still happening though.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, it's obvious he's working hard out there. I feel like he's helped out behind his own net more in the past week than the rest of the season put together. He's passing to 59 with regularity now too, which is great to see. Really complete game, vintage Geno.

He's playing like a 3rd defenseman in his own zone and on the breakout. It only works because Horny and Guentzel aren't moving the puck super fast but are mucking it up in the corners so Geno has time to join the play late.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
+ the game
- thinking about sheary producing like that before he has signed a 8 year contract @ 1 Million p/a

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So does Sheary get the Tyler Johnson extension for his new deal? Johnson put up 24 goals and 50 points in 82 games in 2014-2015 and then signed a 3 year, $10 million extension.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So does Sheary get the Tyler Johnson extension for his new deal? Johnson put up 24 goals and 50 points in 82 games in 2014-2015 and then signed a 3 year, $10 million extension.

Gotta get him on the Sid train...4 years at 3 mil for '43'

Honestly, I don't like signing anywhere near 3mil. But..market value is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad