Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You know what, all jokes aside, the whole Kunitz thing, even Kunitz on the first line, would be a lot less disgusting if he'd be used 15-16 minutes in a top six role like the Pens used guys like Fedotenko in the past.

If they'd do that and then mix it up a little-- a random shift for Geno or the days 'hot' forward with Sid and Kessel-- then at least it would be a lot less disgusting than what IS the case:

Kunitz is treated AND USED by this coaching staff as an elite L1 winger. He'll play more than Malkin on a lot of nights and, mark my words, will be playing an average of 3 minutes a game or more above what Hornqvist plays.

It's a similar thing with Scudjoy. If one of them was playing in a protected bottom pairing role, then, fine, you can make that argument. But, in the same way that Kunitz is treated as a top end L1 winger, Scudjoy is treated as a top four defenseman.

Do you know what might be great... if we are behind, we can double shift crosby and malkin with lower lines... AND THEY EACH WILL BE PLAYING WITH LEGIT SCORERS THE WHOLE TIME.......

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Bummer about optional skate. I wanted to spend the next 7 hours complaining about the lineup.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do you know what might be great... if we are behind, we can double shift crosby and malkin with lower lines... AND THEY EACH WILL BE PLAYING WITH LEGIT SCORERS THE WHOLE TIME.......

Geno-Sid-Sprong. Or, maybe Geno slides down to center Perron and Bennett for a shift. Nah, that's just too out there to comprehend.

I remember the most frustrating thing I saw in preseason: Sid and Geno come out for a shift together, and I'm all excited because I just assume it's gonna be those two with Kessel. But, no, it's Sid, Geno, and . . . wait for it . . . Kunitz.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Bummer about optional skate. I wanted to spend the next 7 hours complaining about the lineup.

Obviously the team reads this forum and felt it was better to just skip practice then read the millions of pages of people whinning about things they cant control.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Porter? Barf. There might be 8 players I'd rather see up here than him, including at least one Wheeling Nailer.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Obviously the team reads this forum and felt it was better to just skip practice then read the millions of pages of people whinning about things they cant control.

This team just have forgot how much this board can complain about a lack of practices :P
(Back when bylsma was around)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Everyone is predicting a high scoring game. I'm guessing the opposite will happen. 2-1 final in a shootout. It always seems to be the case when there's expectations for offense (see Pens' game against Buffalo last year when Sid's chasing the Art Ross).

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't understand why they dont just use Sundy..... :(

It does make sense to me that they want Sundqvist to get real games before he gets a call up. He got hurt immediately last year and the pens never got that chance.

Just not when Porter's the guy they're calling up. Porter wasn't even close to the best "late 20s journeyman that didn't make the team" who showed up to camp, let alone the best player to be cut.

Do we even know that Porter will be in the lineup?

No, but even the possibility that he would be baffles me. As Zen's pointed out, even a guy like Sestito scores as much as Porter in the A, to say nothing of Rust, Mouillierat or whoever.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Oh please no more Fall Out Boy this year.

But what if the offense comes out and THEY'RE ON FI-YYAHHHHHRE????

This is fun.

This game could end up being 8-7. Tons and tons of offensive firepower.

tumblr_lcet7is5Bx1qb228u.gif

I like it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Everyone is predicting a high scoring game. I'm guessing the opposite will happen. 2-1 final in a shootout. It always seems to be the case when there's expectations for offense (see Pens' game against Buffalo last year when Sid's chasing the Art Ross).

Nah, something like 3-2. Not high scoring but not low scoring because of those defenses. Scuderi and Lovejoy will be why we get scored on. Every. Single. Time.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It does make sense to me that they want Sundqvist to get real games before he gets a call up. He got hurt immediately last year and the pens never got that chance.

Just not when Porter's the guy they're calling up. Porter wasn't even close to the best "late 20s journeyman that didn't make the team" who showed up to camp, let alone the best player to be cut.

No, but even the possibility that he would be baffles me. As Zen's pointed out, even a guy like Sestito scores as much as Porter in the A, to say nothing of Rust, Mouillierat or whoever.

Dea deserved the shot, IMO. Cullen can play both wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad