Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It's the Fall Out Boy quoting thread now, fools.

We're goin dadooown
Dinya Dilya run
Sugar we're going down swingin (but not enunciating)

2WpFccH.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So which would you prefer... Kuhnhackl or Kunitz on the top line?...lol

You know what, all jokes aside, the whole Kunitz thing, even Kunitz on the first line, would be a lot less disgusting if he'd be used 15-16 minutes in a top six role like the Pens used guys like Fedotenko in the past.

If they'd do that and then mix it up a little-- a random shift for Geno or the days 'hot' forward with Sid and Kessel-- then at least it would be a lot less disgusting than what IS the case:

Kunitz is treated AND USED by this coaching staff as an elite L1 winger. He'll play more than Malkin on a lot of nights and, mark my words, will be playing an average of 3 minutes a game or more above what Hornqvist plays.

It's a similar thing with Scudjoy. If one of them was playing in a protected bottom pairing role, then, fine, you can make that argument. But, in the same way that Kunitz is treated as a top end L1 winger, Scudjoy is treated as a top four defenseman.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
You know what, all jokes aside, the whole Kunitz thing, even Kunitz on the first line, would be a lot less disgusting if he'd be used 15-16 minutes in a top six role like the Pens used guys like Fedotenko in the past.

If they'd do that and then mix it up a little-- a random shift for Geno or the days 'hot' forward with Sid and Kessel-- then at least it would be a lot less disgusting than what IS the case:

Kunitz is treated AND USED by this coaching staff as an elite L1 winger. He'll play more than Malkin on a lot of nights and, mark my words, will be playing an average of 3 minutes a game or more above what Hornqvist plays.

It's a similar thing with Scudjoy. If one of them was playing in a protected bottom pairing role, then, fine, you can make that argument. But, in the same way that Kunitz is treated as a top end L1 winger, Scudjoy is treated as a top four defenseman.

Yup. Kunitz is going to kill penalties, see time on the PP and first line with Sid. I'd love to believe it's to showcase him but I know better.

The whole two PP units idea may be so that they give Kunitz more PP time, too.

I believe the correct response to this is "Hey, whatever gets MJ fired fastest...".

I'm down.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yup. Kunitz is going to kill penalties, see time on the PP and first line with Sid. I'd love to believe it's to showcase him but I know better.

The whole two PP units idea may be so that they give Kunitz more PP time, too.

I'm down.

You know what's funny is that I think the 2nd PP is better than the 1st PP.

Call Sid and Geno a wash.

Kessel >>> Sprong
Kunitz <<< Horny

I'll go Perron > Plots, but I think the deciding factor here is that I'd rather have Maatta at center point on a PP over Letang.

EDIT: Kunitz playing more than Horny, which will happen almost every night, is stupid beyond words. Kunitz playing more than Malkin, which IMO will happen 1/3+ of the time, should be grounds for MJ's immediate termination.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Agreed. Somehow Kunitz ends up playing 20 minutes.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed. Somehow Kunitz ends up playing 20 minutes.

And that's the kicker. Not that he gets a top six role. At least one of his defenders can debate that. But, 20 minutes a night. Playing more than Malkin in all situations. The nights where he'll get 5 minutes more than Horny. Or a night where Sprong or Bennett or even Perron is totally on but barely playing yet never gets a random shift with Sid and Kessel, no matter how badly Kunitz is neutralizing them on that night. That's the stuff IMO that pisses people off so much that they'd rather have Kunitz nowhere near the top 6.

EDIT: Here's something to consider. When Kunitz was on cup winning teams in a top six role and in his mid 20's and iron sufficient, he was playing LESS than he's been playing the last few years with the Pens. Just totally ****** up.

Not much to say. She went on to take a tattoo apprenticeship and study drawing in London while I stayed in Chitown. Last I heard, she's now working as a photographer. Good times, good memories. :laugh:

You know, I was hoping for something a little less Disney. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad