Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
The coach should pull Kessel out of the game and replace him with Sesitio for his strong defensive play. And if we start to lose he can scare the other team by beating up the water bottles.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
The coach should pull Kessel out of the game and replace him with Sesitio for his strong defensive play. And if we start to lose he can scare the other team by beating up the water bottles.

Too soon bro :(

Was all ready to come in with a "What's the reaction going to be when Lovejoy gets paired with Letang for a his strong defensive game?"

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I still can't believe i'll be seeing Phil Kessel skate for the Penguins in a game that matters, i'm pumped.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This is a heck of an opener to watch from an entertainment perspective. Possibly the two most electrifying offenses in the league.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This is going to be an interesting game. Poor MAF, anyone paired with an anchor, CK when Kunitz Kunitzes, and anyone screwed over for a vet. It should be a fun game to watch, though.

Was all ready to come in with a "What's the reaction going to be when Lovejoy gets paired with Letang for a his strong defensive game?"

Whining about Perron on the RW, most likely. "So they'll put Lovejoy and Bennett on the left but not a career LW? **** the handedness lies!"

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I am so happy to start this thread! Let's go Pens!

Thank God we can finally get past the preseason hand wringing and get to a new set of regular season hand wringing.

I don't know if anyone checks out Grantland but there is an entertaining article about 7 early story line that NHL fans and media will over blow. This game has a mention.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Tough test for the defense.

Stars or Pens? I was reading the Stars board GDT and they are pretty concerned with their D, sentiments seem mutual on both sides.

We could easily see double digit amount of goals scored between these terms, game could easily end 6-5.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Stars or Pens? I was reading the Stars board GDT and they are pretty concerned with their D, sentiments seem mutual on both sides.

We could easily see double digit amount of goals scored between these terms, game could easily end 6-5.

Yup. Both teams are built similarly. Although the Stars have more team speed.

Penguinzilla*

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Can't wait!

I predict the Pens get beat bad and this board goes into code red full meltdown mode!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yup. Both teams are built similarly. Although the Stars have more team speed.

If Sprong stays up and shows he can score at this level, the Pens have to have one of the fastest teams in the league, at least at fwd.

Not many teams would be able to boast about having five talented and dangerous guys who can skate like Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Sprong and Letang.

Plotnikov can really move without the puck, Dupuis (when he actually plays) and Cullen still have nice wheels also.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This is fun.

This game could end up being 8-7. Tons and tons of offensive firepower.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If Sprong stays up and shows he can score at this level, the Pens have to have one of the fastest teams in the league, at least at fwd.

Not many teams would be able to boast about having five talented and dangerous guys who can skate like Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Sprong and Letang.

Plotnikov can really move without the puck, Dupuis (when he actually plays) and Cullen still have nice wheels also.

That is one of the things with this team, on the offensive side of the puck, even our old guys still got some wheels. No more Craig Adams.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
A good ol' fashioned Texas shootout to begin the season??? Quite possibly.

Stars have improved the D a bit with Oduya but this game should be all about offense.

Crosby. Malkin. Kessel. Seems almost surreal.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Not many teams can boast five talented and dangerous guys who can skate like Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Sprong and Letang.

I think I agree at forward.

Our D, at the moment, isn't particularly mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad