Post-Game Talk: Pens/Avs WTF even was that

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
as the season goes along, i'm starting to change my mind on that. it looks more and more like we are going to get a new coach next year and could end up with a team that try's and is better than this one. (even if our players just play up to exaptation's.) so maybe this is the year to tank and get as high a pick as we can.
Only a team as savvy as the Penguins could simultaneously pay Mike Sullivan and Jack Johnson to not come to work.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
as the season goes along, i'm starting to change my mind on that. it looks more and more like we are going to get a new coach next year and could end up with a team that try's and is better than this one. (even if our players just play up to exaptation's.) so maybe this is the year to tank and get as high a pick as we can.
Have you been drinking before you posted this? Because I'm not entirely sure what substance is clouding your mind to think there's been ANY indication that the organization wants to move on from Sullivan.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
FSG stupidly added a 3 year extension to Sullivans contract. So they have to eat that or find a way to justify keeping him while the team goes south. Now Dubas may not care as to the rebuild since does it matter now. But what Dubas has to change is the nonsense of not wanting a physical component to the roster. Sullivan needs to adapt and being fired may give him one more coaching job which he fails, he is done.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Avs fans were saying that this is the first time in a long time that MacKinnons line got outplayed and hemmed in a lot by some other line. Sid did it to them almost alone, without Guentzel. It´s not about Guentzel, the more important point is the motivation for Sid. He lost that motivation after Calgary collapse. Obviously he got some motivation for tonight playing against Nate MacKinnon. Crosby is still great and obviously better than Jake too. It´s just the rest of the team letting him down and killing his motivation.

Okay. Well, he's the captain. If he wants things to change maybe he should stop being so polite and call out the players or his coach in the media.

This is about the 13th embarrassing, fireable loss by the team this year. I may be underestimating it. A loss like this cooks 99% of coaches in the league, and it happens at least once every five games.

It's insane to be honest. Yet Dubas will be in the media defending Mike Sullivan's abilities in a few weeks.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I was wrong…
I thought they were going to lose in regulation after being up 4-0.

Team..
If you still think you can make it then win the damn game. All the loser point does is weaken our draft pic, nothing else.

At least Crosby got 4 points!

I’m up for throwing the system away and trying different things the rest of the season.

I’m waiting to hear what Sully says once we are mathematically out of it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was wrong…
I thought they were going to lose in regulation after being up 4-0.

Team..
If you still think you can make it then win the damn game. All the loser point does is weaken our draft pic, nothing else.

At least Crosby got 4 points!

I’m up for throwing the system away and trying different things the rest of the season.

I’m waiting to hear what Sully says once we are mathematically out of it.
We didn’t execute enough (formerly known as “we didn’t get to our game”)….

Reactions: domaug and Al Smith

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
The remaining schedule for the penguins.
Carolina
Home and Home against CBJ
Rangers
Devils
Caps
Lighting
Toronto
Detroit
Boston
Nashville
Islanders
With the deflating losses since January, the penguins draft position is looking great before the lottery.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sid got points, which is cool. They collapsed in embarrassing fashion, which is hilarious. They didn't lose in regulation, which sucks, and nothing will come of this season with regard to firing the coaching staff or going into rebuild mode, which also sucks.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Blowing a FOUR goal lead, is NOT the same as blowing any old lead

It's in a different stratosphere
rerun...... seen it last season in Pittsburg.

Pens lead at home 4-0 over Wings.

Wings 5-4 in overtime.

Only time in Red Wings history they have come back from a 4 goal deficit and won on the road.

Sullivan such a tactician.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Actual Q&A lol…he’s great at nonanswering

Reporter:
Mike how do you balance the very good start for the first 35, 40 minutes against say last 35?

Sullivan:
I thought we competed hard. That's one of the most explosive offenses in the league. We knew they were going to push back. We competed hard all night.
😆 🤣 did he not add his favorites
"I thought at times we were the better team out there"
or
" again attention to detail was lacking"
and
" struggled with our consistency "

Reactions: Andy99

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
How is the team’s home attendance doing???

I’ve seen quite a few photos of a-lot of empty PPG seats already.

I know the tickets can still be counted as “sold” regardless of whether or not an ass is physically in a seat, but are people starting to just not bother going to games yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad