Post-Game Talk: Pens/Avs WTF even was that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I didn’t think we should re-sign Kris Letang.

Crosby is still a great player. Just like Malkin and Letang are still top six and top four guys.
Avs fans were saying that this is the first time in a long time that MacKinnons line got outplayed and hemmed in a lot by some other line. Sid did it to them almost alone, without Guentzel. It´s not about Guentzel, the more important point is the motivation for Sid. He lost that motivation after Calgary collapse. Obviously he got some motivation for tonight playing against Nate MacKinnon. Crosby is still great and obviously better than Jake too. It´s just the rest of the team letting him down and killing his motivation.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
1711317187809.png

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Actual Q&A lol…he’s great at nonanswering

Reporter:
Mike how do you balance the very good start for the first 35, 40 minutes against say last 35?

Sullivan:
I thought we competed hard. That's one of the most explosive offenses in the league. We knew they were going to push back. We competed hard all night.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Another reporter:
Is there anything about the game coming up in two days? Quick thought? Quick memory to just forget about this one and flush it or how do bounce back from a game like this?

Sullivan:
We've got to take the same approach we've taken here all along. We're trying to win the game right in front of us.

Why doesn’t anyone ask him a follow up question: if that approach has been so successful for you Mike, why is your team well below .500 on the season? lol

Reactions: Gurglesons

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Geez. Reminds me of the 4 goal leads this team blew last season too. I think it was against Detroit.

If there was ever a game to fire Sullivan after where no one could question why.... This would be the game.

But they won't. And nothing will change. Will only get worse.

Reactions: wizmet12

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Watched the highlights. I got a good laugh not only from yet another episode of Funny Penguins Collapse but from Edzo trying to explain it away with the altitude. Because, you know, this never happens to Mikey and the boys outside of Denver.

Reactions: Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
At least DOC looks like a bona-fide top 6 complimentary winger now. I’d try to get him extended this summer before he pads his stats for a full season.
I don't know. He's on a 12 goal 30 point pace or so. I'd like to have my top 6 forwards scoring at a higher clip than that, but maybe our expectations should be going down. He'll be 26 at the beginning of next season, so maybe he improves. I think he's clearly shown he can compete at the NHL level on a regular basis unlike most of our tweeners, but I see him as no more than a 3rd line guy, and on a good team, I'd see him as a solid 4th line guy.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Yes and get a better pick next season.
as the season goes along, i'm starting to change my mind on that. it looks more and more like we are going to get a new coach next year and could end up with a team that try's and is better than this one. (even if our players just play up to exaptation's.) so maybe this is the year to tank and get as high a pick as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad