Rumor: Pens and Others interested in Alex Edler

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Somewhat unrelated, but what are the Jets going to do for cap space next year? They have Myers 5.5 coming off the books but they still got to replace him. Connor could get 6 million, Laine 11 million. Also if Trouba stays healthy and puts up 50 points he could also get up to 7.5.

I don't think Edler waives is NTC to go to Winnipeg. But if he does, I could see Kulikov coming back to clear up cap space for next season.

As a rental ... Edler would probually resign with Vancouver after this season.

As a rental he wont block Niku long term which makes sense in my opinion.

It also gives Niku this season to develop so he will be ready next year.

I just think Winnipeg could use someone to eat some minutes for Morrisey, and to keep him fresh going into and during the Playoffs.

Edler would compliment any one of Trouba -Buff-Myers and that would be the best D core he has ever played with .

Its less responsibility then he has now, he would be in a position to succeed and it's also one of the closest destinations to Vancouver.

He can still fly to see his family regularly.

Winnipeg absolutely needs to get a playmaking C to complement Laine and Ehlers. I've preached this going back to last season and heavily this summer .

A 2way LHD who can play 2nd Pair 20-23 mins a night or season will be lost regardless of the record they have now .

Trouba plays hard but that whole fiasco with his deal etc... I think both parties should move on after the Playoffs.

if they can make the moves to fill those 2 holes I think they move Trouba after this run.

Don't get me wrong I'd keep Trouba at 7m I just think maybe there was too much damage done .

I don't think Maurice is the right coach for Laine and if they put off getting him a setup man any longer they are better off moving him to Carolina for a haul.

Connor gets 6m and so he should .

Myers is a good player but he has reached his ceiling.

If he is willing to sign a similar deal as his current one it's good for him and good for the team.

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Laine 11m? That would make him the second higher paid forward in the league. Trouba probably has to be traded for some assets before in becomes a UFA in summer of 2020. Trouba at 7.5m that would put in in the top 10 Dmen. Really? Although Perrault and Little are playing well, can you afford both guys?

Ekblad 7.5M Eichel 10M

Inflation/salary cap increase put into account that is what I would expect Trouba and Laine to sign for. Eichel’s career high is 25 goals - Laine hit 44. Also a healthy Trouba is as good as Ekblad if not better (albeit a lower ceiling).

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Ekblad 7.5M Eichel 10M

Inflation/salary cap increase put into account that is what I would expect Trouba and Laine to sign for. Eichel’s career high is 25 goals - Laine hit 44. Also a healthy Trouba is as good as Ekblad if not better (albeit a lower ceiling).

I know a player will look at the overpaid players and say that is a comparable, which you did ,and the club will look at underpaid stars. Pasta of Boston has fewer goals and more points than Laine and he's a 6.67m. Of course points or goals shouldn't be the determination of playing value. Jets could make the comparison to Schifiele and his modest contract, and playing value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad