Salary Cap: Pens Add Streit & Corrado; Subtract Fehr & 4th Rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Empoleon8771, I'm not mad about the deals. For me it's like whatever. It was my response to people who think that picks are overrated.
In my opinion JR often overpays/slightly overpays in his deals. But it's just my opinion, I'm not saying everyone should think so.

Even if one believes that generally, I would like to hear the argument of how he overpaid this year. The guy gave up Fehr - who just cleared waivers - and two 4ths to shore up our defensive depth, one of which has 21 points in 49 games.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
It kind of stinks that the Pens had to give up a 2nd and 4th this year and a 4th next year just because "Pittsburgh injury bug hits again". When is the last year that the Pens were moderately healthy? Literally the last year Pens were only league average in cap hit lost to injury was 09-10.

Past Couple Year Injury Data - especially v Washington's lack of injuries, something something Pittsburgh water
Current Year Injury Data

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Overpayment for Corrado? We just ditched a $2m+ frequent healthy scratch who is signed through next season.

Yep. Fehr wasn't in the picture, and we have guys that are at least as good, and for 1/3rd of the salary. Rowney, Sundqvist, Blueger, Archibald, you name it.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
And if Streit works some with Gonchar then Streit could be even bigger pick up then expected

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I assume Corrado will join WB/S and he'll be insurance for the expansion draft should we lose a d-man (or we let our UFAs walk).

I think he's a nice project and something that makes Pouliot easier to stomach. It's stat watching, but Pouliot has 14 points in 32 AHL games this season and corrado has 12 in 18. A year apart in age.

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
The OT-loser point is hurting the trade deadline as teams don't want to sell since almost everybody is like 2 points out of a wildcard spot.

Erz8771

Aug 2, 2007
T.Bay
Im pretty excited that we got Corrado. Probably wont see him this yr but eventually he can be a top 4 guy.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yes, the fact the Flyers had to retain that weird 4.7% would indicate we used every last penny of our free space.
But Tampa retained 50% as well, right? His cap hit is only $5.25. So %50-ish percent is still well under Daley's $3.3M.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If we were to sign dumo to 3.5x4 and Schultz to 4.5x5, sheary to 2.5x2, call up Jarry, Poo, and sundqvist we are lest with around 3.7m in cap space. Thats including a MAF buyout. But of course Kunitz will also get a contract.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Okay, deadline is done. It is what it is. We didn't land the big fish we were hoping for and that's okay.

Here's the bottom line - if we want to win, the players we have ALL have to step it up. There is simply no room for struggling players. Every needs to contribute. And it starts at the top.

Sid and Geno need to be 2009 Sid and Geno. They have to produce. Period. We don't have the luxury of a HBK line this year to pick up slack. Our best shot it to shot for shot with other team's top 6's and hope that the bottom 6 can pitch in. There's no balanced attack this year. They need to load up the top 6.

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Hags-Geno-Kessel
Jake-Bonino-Rust/Wilson
Kunitz-Cullen-Wilson/Kuhn

Dumo-Letang
Maatta-Daley
Cole-Schultz

MM
MAF

That's the just the way it is. They have to make it work. there's no lightning in the bottle like last year. If they want to go, they have to take it by brute force.

Letang has to be a Norris Letang. Dumo has to get his groove back. Maatta-Daley have to pick it up...there's really no other option. They simply have to be better. Cole-Schultz need to continue being a great pairing.

Most of all, MM needs to take us to the promise land. We need him to steal series now more than ever. If we got toe to toe against Washington and come out alive, it's on Murray's shoulders.

The best players we have - have to to be our best players. This is a no passengers this playoff trip. Sid nor Geno can take nights off. Sid needs to suck it the **** up and play with Hornqvist. Weird line combos in the name of balance isn't going to cut it. We don't have that this year.

Bonino needs to pick it up, Kunitz and Cullen need to contribute, Rust and Sheary need to be impact players like last year.

This is just simply a team effort. No one can afford to be bad. Those other teams are gonna wanna put us 6 feet under every night. Mediocrity will not yield results. Both cup years we had adversity to draw on...this year is 2010 through 2015 all over again - Win games, get complacent, lose in playoffs. No major deadline moves they will all have to look inside and find the next gear. No matter whats. There's no other options. There's no cavalry coming to help. It's on them. Solely on them.

I don't think they have it in them this year. I think all three metro threats are better - WAS, CBJ, and NYR. best chance may be to cruise through the Atlantic as WC1...

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
If we were to sign dumo to 3.5x4 and Schultz to 4.5x5, sheary to 2.5x2, call up Jarry, Poo, and sndqvist we are lest with around 3.7m in cap space. Thats including a MAF buyout. But of course Kunitz will also get a contract.

I swear to God if Kunitz gets a contract from this team I will not watch one ****ing game next year.

*in the regular season

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Looked up some of Streit's highlights recently. Hes a definite upgrade for the PP. His point shot alone will help.

Id mve Schultz to Kessels spot, take PH off or run a couple different looks.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Don't even care if they don't take him. I would let his ass ride the pine for one last year and send him to Wilks. I care that the team does t have to waste 4 years of dead cap space buying him out.

Right... 5.75M caphit while players need new contracts and he has that nmc so you can't send him to wbs, and sending him down saves less that a million from his caphit anyway.

How could you forget?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad