Post-Game Talk: Pens 7, Ducks 4: So @ColePens Wrote, So It Came to Pass . . . Until Geno Defied The Sacred Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Didn't watch the game as it was on at 3:30am. Murray look okay? Guessing the stats don't do him justice?

He was not particularly sharp in the first but he settled back in.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I mean, how legit is that? This is literally the first time I've heard that. You'd think if it was well known, there'd be a lot more coverage than some random tweet/post about it.

Also, *if* it happened, it was due to Sid being out with the concussion and it being unknown if he'd ever return, not because he was playing but they lost faith in his leadership capability.

You don’t remember that? There was a lot of smoke at the time and I recall Orpik being ring leader

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
You don’t remember that? There was a lot of smoke at the time and I recall Orpik being ring leader

Wonder if JR would have traded Orpik/Adams after that stunt. Shero was married to 2009, but JR doesn’t give a damn and offending Sid and Geno takes some real BS.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I mean, how legit is that? This is literally the first time I've heard that. You'd think if it was well known, there'd be a lot more coverage than some random tweet/post about it.

Also, *if* it happened, it was due to Sid being out with the concussion and it being unknown if he'd ever return, not because he was playing but they lost faith in his leadership capability.

Regardless of the reason, usurping the captaincy without the captain's input or consent when he's been an incredible leader for the team is definitely not the way to go about it. Geno's response was perfect IMO.

Come hate Adams and Orpik with us for it. It's fun.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Right. To be sure of getting that exact right guy, you're basically looking for a 1 for 1 trade.

And... to a certain extent I like it too. And to a certain extent it frustrates me. Particularly as I feel we don't see the best of him enough.
That's been the story of his career. It's just who he is.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That's been the story of his career. It's just who he is.

It's not though. The difference in his 5v5 numbers between here and Toronto is stark. You can get a lot more out of him. We could definitely get a lot more out of him if we could afford to give him Bozak and JVR again and I suspect a different system might help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad