Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Jets 1: Was This Kunitz's Last Game as a Penguin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
There might be something to this Wilson kid...

I am pretty much sold that Rust and Wilson will be solid bottom 6ers. And Kuhn is looking like he could be too. Man would it be refreshing to have an effective, cheap bottom 6 with those guys and Sundqvist. Those kids with Fehr and Cullen for another year would be pretty solid. A healthy Bennett would be a nice bonus too.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I am pretty much sold that Rust and Wilson will be solid bottom 6ers. And Kuhn is looking like he could be too. Man would it be refreshing to have an effective, cheap bottom 6 with those guys and Sundqvist. Those kids with Fehr and Cullen for another year would be pretty solid. A healthy Bennett would be a nice bonus too.

If Sundqvist is playing we don't really need Cullen. With how the W-B/S guys performed though this latest injury stint, I'm hoping it convinces GMJR there's no need to sign anyone for the bottom six this off-season. Those guys, plus Simon and Sprong, can battle it out for roster spots next fall at camp.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

100% healthy I would like to see:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Wilson-Bonino-Bennett
Fehr-Cullen-Rust

as the forward group. This off season, please send Kunitz out as well as Cole. Then look for the elusive 1LW.

Wonder...just spit ballin here...wonder if Wilson could make the jump to 1LW right now. Trade Kunitz for a 2nd+

Wilson-Sid-Horny
Hags-Geno-Phile
Rust-Bonino-Bennett
Fehr-Cullen-Kuhnhackl

Crosby the Crybaby*

Hi everyone!

First post here on the Pittsburgh board.

Please forgive my username, I promise that it'll make sense (perhaps) once I can edit my custom title.

I've been following the Penguins for a year now, and have been on these boards (as a visitor) for a long time too.

In regards to thread: couldn't watch the game as it was 4AM for me, so my only reaction is - holy crap, they put Porter in the press box?

Nice to meet all of you! Hope to have fun here.

P.S. I see a lot of Pokémon fans here. Me too!

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
If Sundqvist is playing we don't really need Cullen. With how the W-B/S guys performed though this latest injury stint, I'm hoping it convinces GMJR there's no need to sign anyone for the bottom six this off-season. Those guys, plus Simon and Sprong, can battle it out for roster spots next fall at camp.

I'd welcome Cullen back for one more year if he wanted to come back for $800K. Sundqvist needs to earn the spot not be gifted it. He's still very young and it won't kill him if he had to go to WBS for half the season or the whole season to work on his game. His offensive game has dried up and it would do him good to work on it in the AHL more.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yep. No need to re-sign Cullen for next year.

The guy has been timeless for us this year though. Played well above the 4th C role and has out produced those younger then him.

Before the other moves, Cullen has to be the best for value player on the team right now.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I like having at least one bottom 6 wing who is also able to play center.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'd welcome Cullen back for one more year if he wanted to come back for $800K. Sundqvist needs to earn the spot not be gifted it. He's still very young and it won't kill him if he had to go to WBS for half the season or the whole season to work on his game. His offensive game has dried up and it would do him good to work on it in the AHL more.

Simon is also a center. And Porter. Can't forget him. So, no one would really be being gifted anything. Rust, Wilson, Kühnhackl, Sprong, Simon, Sundqvist and who knows who else would be competing for one of 4 spots. Maybe 3 if they keep Bones.

So, really, there isn't a need to keep Cullen. Not that he hasn't been great ... he has been ... but we don't really need to bring him back. Or sign any other vets for the bottom six, either.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I'll keep Cullen for one more year thanks. Sundqvist isn't replacing what Cullen has been this year. Not next year anyway. We'll be able to re-sign him for less than $1 mil.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'd be open to re-signing Cullen for one more season if he finishes the season well, but I'd also be considering trading Bonino.

X-Crosby-Hornqvist (eat ****, Kunitz)
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
X-Ferh-X
Cullen/X-X-X
Cullen/X

Let Bennett, Sprong, Rust, Wilson, Sundqvist, Sheary, Kunhnackl and whoever fight it out for the spots that aren't next to Crosby.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I'll keep Cullen for one more year thanks. Sundqvist isn't replacing what Cullen has been this year. Not next year anyway. We'll be able to re-sign him for less than $1 mil.

I don't know that having Cullen return means there is no room for Sundqvist, but he probably would be the odd man out. Especially with Kuhn, Rust, and Wilson competing for spots. I am on board with bringing Cullen back. Maybe one of Fehr or Bonino could be moved to help re stock the cupboards with prospects or picks, but only if they think Sundqvist is ready for 4th line duty. I liked his short stint, but its a small sample size. One last year in WBS with some call ups wouldn't hurt ultimately.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
What I like about Cullen is that despite his age he is still a great skater. I wouldn't be pissed if he signed. 1 more year under or at 1 million.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hi everyone!

First post here on the Pittsburgh board.

Please forgive my username, I promise that it'll make sense (perhaps) once I can edit my custom title.

I've been following the Penguins for a year now, and have been on these boards (as a visitor) for a long time too.

In regards to thread: couldn't watch the game as it was 4AM for me, so my only reaction is - holy crap, they put Porter in the press box?

Nice to meet all of you! Hope to have fun here.

P.S. I see a lot of Pokémon fans here. Me too!

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad