Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Jets 1: Was This Kunitz's Last Game as a Penguin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Let us pray . . .

Oh, and a nice win. A bit sloppy, but when 2 points are so desperately needed, you don't argue too much over style points.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We have a little bit of breathing room now. Hopefuly det loses today and we win against phoenix on monday. We should be able to take the first wild card spot

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pouliot was a beast today. It looks so effortless for him to move the puck up the ice. Now, if he could just get PP time with the first unit.....

And i really have to go to bed now, gonna have nightmares of me waking up and seeing we have aquired Russel for a 2nd round pick, please dont come true.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Out of the 15 or so times Kunitz touched the puck he made a decent play on it 3 times. Hornqvist isn't great with the puck, you can't have the other guy on that line be a guaranteed turnover.

+ Fleury, Hagelin, Kessel, Rust, Kuhnhackl, Crosby, Cole

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
In all seriousness, the effect Geno has on his two wingers is crazy. They are so much better today than they were for basically the whole time Geno was hurt, and their missing chemistry is suddenly back.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
Do we HAVE to bring up Kunitz in every Post-Game Thread?

Anyway.
+ A lot of guys
+ Daley for the pass to Sid
+ Sullivan for starting Kuhn over Porter

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Cole looks fine to me. No need to add anything more than depth at the position. Especially if they think Lovejoy will be back soon. Otherwise, pursue buying low or hockey deals.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
As always, **** first, good second and decent third period. Props to Hagelin for a great game, love the little plays between Kessel and him. Also digging Kuhnhackl more and more as a useful NHLer. Cole also seems to be getting some confidence back and at least showed he can still be serviceable. Thanking Fleury for keeping the Jets at bay.

- Kunitz. I know it is tiring that every second post is ridiculing him, but he is so uninspiring. Hornqvist wasn't very good, but at least he keeps working. Kunitz always seems two steps behind the play these days.

- Death of Sheary

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In all seriousness, the effect Geno has on his two wingers is crazy. They are so much better today than they were for basically the whole time Geno was hurt, and their missing chemistry is suddenly back.

As I said in the GDT, imagine when Geno gets his game legs back. We got a glimpse of it in the third.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
We've been on the other end of games like these far too often where the other team scores on every second scoring chance and we can't buy a break. I'm not gonna complain one bit.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Decent effort all around except for one Chris Kunitz and i'm pretty sure Horny is playing with an injury.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
As I said in the GDT, imagine when Geno gets his game legs back. We got a glimpse of it in the third.

They had so much room to work, it was night and day. If they can finish at a reasonable pace (not expecting 2 goals from Hags too often) that will be a really fun line to watch. I thought Geno was fumbling the puck a little in the first and second, but by the third I feel like his rhythm was back.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
:fight:

- people who only watch when Geno is playing and call themselves Pens fans

:fight:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad