Post-Game Talk: Pens 4 Habs 0 | Beau + The Boys Win One for the Duper

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Fleury is going to have a big problem overcoming his reputation with GM's unless he's head and shoulders above everyone. IMO, that's the only way he wins. Fair or not, I think you know that.

I said top 2, which IMO he would be. Those are insane numbers.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I had some hope for him being a decent energy guy.

But no... pretty much balls.
Yup.

We are getting to the point where the 4th line is starting to suffer the Gladams effect. Sill just doesn't bring enough to the table if he isn't providing energy, hitting, fighting, etc.

Michael8771*

Yup.

We are getting to the point where the 4th line is starting to suffer the Gladams effect. Sill just doesn't bring enough to the table if he isn't providing energy, hitting, fighting, etc.
For that reason Dupuis can't get back soon enough.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Fleury is going to have a big problem overcoming his reputation with GM's unless he's head and shoulders above everyone. IMO, that's the only way he wins. Fair or not, I think you know that.

you're right. unfortunately, unless fleury has some mind-boggling numbers he won't get the votes. rightly or wrongly, hockey people remember all the big game 'gaffs'... stemming from world juniors (which seems pretty petty...)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't really recall him having any chemistry in the past with either 71 or 87.

But he is usually on IR, so that's probably why. I don't see Sid's line ever falling down into the category of dumpster fire. Malkin's could, though.

I think Johnston got the wingers he changed backwards. He should've swapped Dupuis for Kunitz instead of Hornqvist.

He's never really had enough real experience with Malkin, at least, to say definitively. I don't know how well he and Crosby mesh... but he's talented enough that it would work with the right combination on the other side of the ice, IMO.

And both top lines blow right now. Absolutely nothing happening on either one. Not even the occasional spark to get excited about. They're just... there.

I agree with the last sentence, for sure. Though I think they should just swap Dupuis to another team, if possible.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ Maatta is back
+ That was a good game from pretty much all of them
+ Bennett looked less ET than usual so we should trade high
+ Fleury was really good, hopefully the neurotic **** builds on this for the playoffs
+ Sid scored a goal
+ Sutter has really impressed me this season
+ Downie was good, but the announcer was talking about him like he's Tocchet's temperamental pet. It's pretty funny.
+ They survived in the name of the Dupuis, of the Dupuis and of the Holy Dupuis. ADupuis. (joking aside I hope it's nothing serious.

- The 3rd line is great, the top 6 is struggling.
- Kunitz is so damn lazy
- I thought they had a few sloppy stretches and sat back at the end
- Can we please call up Megna and send Sill down? Or even another not Sill player, he's been disappointing and him on the same line as Adams is a problem.
- Adams is old and won't get off the ice when his shift is over. It's a bad combination.
- Don't give Scuderi the puck, really don't give Scuderi the puck under pressure.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Listening to Mike Johnston, I don't think he has too many plans on BB in the top 6.

Michael8771*

We're concerned about Vezina voting 17 games into a season? Really?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Other than the obvious Kunitz issue, i'd like to talk about Spaling.

He's done some good work on the PK but this guy should be a 4th line player on a Cup contending team.

When he came out of the box, he couldn't outskate a tired old Gonchar who was just gliding and not even pumping his legs.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Yup.

He has been a pretty big disappointment so far. I thought he was supposed to bring some agitating to the table?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I had some hope for him being a decent energy guy.

But no... pretty much balls.
Some morbid part of me wants him to keep playing to see how many games he can dial up without scoring a point. I mean, Adams sucks for sure, but at least he touches the puck more than twice a game.

I used to do that in EHM; sign some idiot who was ~40 Overall, put him on the fourth line and see how bad his stats could get. Although, one time I had this guy rated 42 score 14 goals.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Other than the obvious Kunitz issue, i'd like to talk about Spaling.

He's done some good work on the PK but this guy should be a 4th line player on a Cup contending team.

When he came out of the box, he couldn't outskate a tired old Gonchar who was just gliding and not even pumping his legs.

He's an incredibly uninspiring player in pretty much all facets.

Honestly I kind of wish they would have just negotiated for a pick, instead. Though that was probably not an option. The guy is a 2M dollar player, too. And looks decidedly like a fourth liner most nights.

Oh well. Hopefully he picks it up.

Michael8771*

Not at the expense of dragging down the top 2 lines.
We clearly need to upgrade there, but I think we should keep BB with Sutter. We're far more dangerous sporting three scoring lines. A trade or two will hopefully remedy the issues we have in the top six.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He's an incredibly uninspiring player in pretty much all facets.

Honestly I kind of wish they would have just negotiated for a pick, instead. Though that was probably not an option. The guy is a 2M dollar player, too. And looks decidedly like a fourth liner most nights.

Oh well. Hopefully he picks it up.

Yea, i hope so.
He has no business being on Geno's LW.
Bennett/Downie/Comeau/Goc/Megna? All better there imo.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yup.

Sill really doesn't look like someone fighting for a spot or trying to be remembered by the coaching staff. They really, really shouldn't have him and Adams together.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Beau Bennett should be on the third line. It makes us a better team overall. That's assuming we have legit top-6 wingers. Until then, let him play on a scoring line.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
+++ Bennett was the best player on the ice for either team
++ Downie, more goals than penalties
+ Sutter, he's a brand new player
+ Comeau, better than Kunitz
+ Big Body Despres
+ Fleury...

- Scuderi
-- Adams, worse than Sill
--- Kunitz, ****ing terrible

What this guy said. Also, wanted to add that Theiren was "soff" with his coaching. Where was PK Soupcan? He disappeared.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Some morbid part of me wants him to keep playing to see how many games he can dial up without scoring a point. I mean, Adams sucks for sure, but at least he touches the puck more than twice a game.

Heh, yeah. When you are being unfavorably compared to Craig Adams... it's probably time to take you talents to, uh... Wheeling.

I think the staff likes him, though. I have no idea what was going on with his promotion in the third period.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
That 3rd line looks awfully good. Its gonna be tough to break it up assuming BB keeps his game up. Which I think he will.

That 3rd line looks good because of BB. Maybe its part of the plan eventually, but at least give him a shift or two with Malkin or Crosby. If he can help Sutter produce on something other than a rush imagine what he can do to help free up one of the talented centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad