Post-Game Talk: Pens 4 Habs 0 | Beau + The Boys Win One for the Duper

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Mods, please play with the fonts in the title. Can't figure it out. Kind of like Kunitz on the ice.

mod edit: It's in the title drop-down box :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Penguins 4 Canadiens 0 | Professor BeauBeau Rides Again

IMG_2065.PNG

Fordy

May 28, 2008
+++ Bennett was the best player on the ice for either team
++ Downie, more goals than penalties
+ Sutter, he's a brand new player
+ Comeau, better than Kunitz
+ Big Body Despres
+ Fleury...

- Scuderi
-- Adams, worse than Sill
--- Kunitz, ****ing terrible

penguins2946*

+Defense, 3rd line and goaltending are elite right now
-Top-6 and 4th line suck horribly right now

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I liked my title better. :p:

+ The entire team: When you lose a guy like Pascal Dupuis, a team can rally and face the adversity head on or wilt under the pressure. The way the boys rallied tonight for Duper. :handclap:

+ Beau Bennett: Beyond the rest of the boys, special attention needs to be given to how Beau rallied tonight. It's been an up and down journey for Beau, but that 1g, 2a #1 star performance in honor of his top six mentor brings a tear to my eye.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Probably Bennett's best game.

Props to Maf as well.

MAF has looked good for the most part since getting that new contract. But, like all things with this team, I only can be cautiously optimistic until the late spring and early summer.

Michael8771*

MAF has looked good for the most part since getting that new contract. But, like all things with this team, I only can be cautiously optimistic until the late spring and early summer.
This is true, but I don't believe he's looked any better than he has this season. It's at the very least a positive sign.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
+'s are obvious for this one, I want to focus on the -'s

----- the 4th line. What in the hell are we doing here??? Please tell me this team would not be immediately improved with Adams sitting for Farnham or Megna. Tell me there isn't a high energy decent sized forward in the AHL the Pens could trade for a pick? Sill hasn't been much better. I had so much hope for him, but he isn't bringing any energy. This needs to be addressed pronto. We all know our desires for top 6 forward, but let's fix what we can and should fix right now!!!!

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
solid team game by the pens.

+ beau.
+ 3rd line.
+ fleury. composed, didn't give up too many rebounds, and made the saves he needed to.
+ defense. boxed out the habs very effectively
+ sid and geno (the first and second line on the other hand... :help:)

the pens have broken a lot of other team's streaks this season.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Everything seems pretty cut and dry in this game. Just one thing -- time to uncram your head from your ass now, Kunitz. Kind of important that you not play like a listless *******, this year. Time to get back to giving half a ****.

Christ.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+'s are obvious for this one, I want to focus on the -'s

----- the 4th line. What in the hell are we doing here??? Please tell me this team would not be immediately improved with Adams sitting for Farnham or Megna. Tell me there isn't a high energy decent sized forward in the AHL the Pens could trade for a pick? Sill hasn't been much better. I had so much hope for him, but he isn't bringing any energy. This needs to be addressed pronto. We all know our desires for top 6 forward, but let's fix what we can and should fix right now!!!!

Your minus is why Spaling and Sill were flipped in the third period. MJ figured, in a 4-0 game, best to use Geno and Horny to protect Sill and Goc and Spaling to protect Adams.

As I keep saying, add two guys into the top six, and the fourth line problems cure themselves.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Why is everyone wanting Bennett to be pushed into the top six when he and Sutter have always shown great chemistry? I think Johnston is getting this one right. Just because he has top 6 talent, doesn't mean it's best for the team to throw him there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Everything seems pretty cut and dry in this game. Just one thing -- time to uncram your head from your ass now, Kunitz. Kind of important that you not play like a listless *******, this year. Time to get back to giving half a ****.

Christ.

It is beyond embarrassing. If JR sees fit to make him a guy shipped out between now and the deadline, then I won't lose a minutes sleep over it, and I'll bet Sid will be better for it when the games really matter.

Why is everyone wanting Bennett to be pushed into the top six when he and Sutter have always shown great chemistry? I think Johnston is getting this one right. Just because he has top 6 talent, doesn't mean it's best for the team to throw him there.

In that case, the Pens need to make TWO acquisitions for their top six by the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad