Post-Game Talk: Pens 4 Habs 0 | Beau + The Boys Win One for the Duper

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
gosh. looking at the scores around the league. i think that loss to buffalo on saturday broke toronto. 9-2 nashville right now.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Talk about an impressive road victory against a good team. The Pens went in there and punched them in the face.

Please stay healthy BB.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
9-2 Nashville over Leafs, 4-1 Buffalo over Sharks...yeesh. Sharks got swept by the friggin SABRES! Anyway, good game. Only watched 1 period pretty much.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
++ Beauner
++ 3rd line
+ Fleury - easy pickin's for 2 periods but earned his NHL LEADING 4TH SHUTOUT in the 3rd
++ Sid is alive again even if none of his linemates are, broke a long drought
++ Picking up sticks around our net
++ D-men had awesome gap all game
+ PK
+ PP

My only negatives
- Spaling and Kunitz' puck handling
- Letting through a few too many cross seam passes in the defensive zone.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
gosh. looking at the scores around the league. i think that loss to buffalo on saturday broke toronto. 9-2 nashville right now.

1. Either that, or they took their 'measuring stick' game the night before against us badly.

2. Neal = 0g, 0a = LAZY. Not Kunitz lazy, but still lazy.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Probably Bennett's best game.

Props to Maf as well.
MAF deserves a lot of credit for the saves he made. He's been a great player for the team this year.

Why is everyone wanting Bennett to be pushed into the top six when he and Sutter have always shown great chemistry? I think Johnston is getting this one right. Just because he has top 6 talent, doesn't mean it's best for the team to throw him there.
At this point, Bennett's development may be best served by playing him with Sutter. Sunshine's defensive play has been impressive enough for a third line role.

+ Fatso
+ Maatta's back
+ Crosby's drought is over
- Johnston still needs to figure out what to do with Malkin's line

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Talk about an impressive road victory against a good team. The Pens went in there and punched them in the face.

Please stay healthy BB.

Not sure we punched them in the face as much as we took their rope a dope game and threw it right back at them.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Hopefully you saw my reply to your reply about MAF. Wasn't a shot at the goalie, but the voters.

I did, and it's ********.

The GMs vote on the Vezina. They don't let past **** sway their opinion.

With this game MAF has:
14 GP, 11 W, 4 SO, 1.98 GAA, .930 S%

The only other guy who can touch that is Rinne.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Why is everyone wanting Bennett to be pushed into the top six when he and Sutter have always shown great chemistry? I think Johnston is getting this one right. Just because he has top 6 talent, doesn't mean it's best for the team to throw him there.

Because the top six is a slowly unfolding dumpster fire and Bennett is an obvious candidate to help it out.

Not hard.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
+'s are obvious for this one, I want to focus on the -'s

----- the 4th line. What in the hell are we doing here??? Please tell me this team would not be immediately improved with Adams sitting for Farnham or Megna. Tell me there isn't a high energy decent sized forward in the AHL the Pens could trade for a pick? Sill hasn't been much better. I had so much hope for him, but he isn't bringing any energy. This needs to be addressed pronto. We all know our desires for top 6 forward, but let's fix what we can and should fix right now!!!!

There's nobody anywhere that can fit in the 400k of cap space the Pens have right now.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Your minus is why Spaling and Sill were flipped in the third period. MJ figured, in a 4-0 game, best to use Geno and Horny to protect Sill and Goc and Spaling to protect Adams.

As I keep saying, add two guys into the top six, and the fourth line problems cure themselves.

I thought that as well, but until we get that trade made, can we please sit FRIGGIN Adams and Sill??? O

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I did, and it's ********.

The GMs vote on the Vezina. They don't let past **** sway their opinion.

With this game MAF has:
14 GP, 11 W, 4 SO, 1.98 GAA, .930 S%

The only other guy who can touch that is Rinne.

Fleury is going to have a big problem overcoming his reputation with GM's unless he's head and shoulders above everyone. IMO, that's the only way he wins. Fair or not, I think you know that.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
There's nobody anywhere that can fit in the 400k of cap space the Pens have right now.

Then the first mission is for JR to free up Cap space so you have some flexibility. Trade Martin for Futures, do something, because I can't take Adams much longer or I'm gonna snap

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Someone who watched the post game on ROOT help me out: Did Beau dedicate tonight's performance to Pascal Dupuis?

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Because the top six is a slowly unfolding dumpster fire and Bennett is an obvious candidate to help it out.

Not hard.

I don't really recall him having any chemistry in the past with either 71 or 87.

But he is usually on IR, so that's probably why. I don't see Sid's line ever falling down into the category of dumpster fire. Malkin's could, though.

I think Johnston got the wingers he changed backwards. He should've swapped Dupuis for Kunitz instead of Hornqvist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad