Post-Game Talk: Pens 4-1 win vs Canucks: The one where the Penguin eats the Orca

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Carter should be off the pp. he floats to much in the middle. He barely touches the puck and is not in the goalies face. Put zucker out there and reduce carters icetime

He just looks absolutely gassed a lot these last few games. I think if we're going to roll him at 2C, then it makes sense to drop him from some of the special teams stuff, either PK or PP1. 19 minutes a night is just too much for him.

Hell, I'd just about drop him from the PK unless it's a do-or-die situation. Throw Kap or Heinen in there.

Last edited:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Where's the 40+ pages of over-the-top prognostications of doom and hyperventilating, arched eyebrows finger-pointing and criticisms? Oh yeah, we won and it started at 10:00 pm.
Probably the start time.

Honestly we played well in the first 2 periods and we caught a lucky break at the end with 3 penalties taken to give us the ability to score twice on the 5 on 3.

First off I expected 1 goal and we achieved that.

However most games we won't catch a lucky break.

This may have been a 2-1 game without the 5 on 3s.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He just looks absolutely gassed a lot these last few games. I think if we're going to roll him at 2C, then it makes sense to drop him from some of the special teams stuff, either PK or PP1. 19 minutes a night is just too much for him.

Hell, I'd just about drop him from the PK unless it's a do-or-die situation. Throw Kap or Heinen in there.

Sure, but you need to put another center in.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
On the PK? You've already got Blueger there. Or am I missing the point as per usual? :laugh:

Carter is not out there with Blueger. There are two set pairs at forward. Carter and ZAR/Rust/E-Rod and Blueger and McGinn. Only every once in awhile they'll do Carter/Blueger but one will generally chase off kind of like when Crosby will double up sometimes for important draws and chase off..

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Carter is not out there with Blueger. There are two set pairs at forward. Carter and ZAR/Rust/E-Rod and Blueger and McGinn. Only every once in awhile they'll do Carter/Blueger but one will generally chase off kind of like when Crosby will double up sometimes for important draws and chase off..

Right, I was kind of blanking there for a second. Not really an ideal answer, but I'd just have Erod moved to the second duo and let him take faceoffs. He's not terrible at it and he did it a ton in Buffalo. Put TB and ZAR together, and Erod with McGinn/Heinen/whoever.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The other option is, of course, move Carter off the PP, but I don't think that's going to happen. The third option would simply be not run the top 3 so much and run the 4th line more to save a few minutes on both Carter and Sid, but I also don't think that's happening for obvious reasons.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Right, I was kind of blanking there for a second. Not really an ideal answer, but I'd just have Erod moved to the second duo and let him take faceoffs. He's not terrible at it and he did it a ton in Buffalo. Put TB and ZAR together, and Erod with McGinn/Heinen/whoever.

Sully had a hardon for Blueger/Tanev and now Blueger/McGinn.

I don't think he'll ever divert from it. I have no issue with E-rod slipping in there with whom not on the injured list.

I think we are together on this one. Lighten Carter's use.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Erod is fine to take draws. there aren’t that many draws on a pp anyways.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

E-Rod can be the "center" on the second PK unit. Or when he dresses, Boyle can be.

There's no reason to have Carter killing penalties, especially when he's getting top PP unit minutes and getting almost as many total minutes as Crosby.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Erod is fine to take draws. there aren’t that many draws on a pp anyways.

E-Rod can be the "center" on the second PK unit. Or when he dresses, Boyle can be.

There's no reason to have Carter killing penalties, especially when he's getting top PP unit minutes and getting almost as many total minutes as Crosby.
You guys are not fallowing along. I said as much in my last post.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The other option is, of course, move Carter off the PP, but I don't think that's going to happen. The third option would simply be not run the top 3 so much and run the 4th line more to save a few minutes on both Carter and Sid, but I also don't think that's happening for obvious reasons.

Yea I think Carter is now the defacto screen/net front guy

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Habs beat Pens...let's fire our GM!
Pens beat Canucks...let's fire our GM! and coach

If anyone wants to lose their crappy headcoach and GM just play the Pens.

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think Seattle will steal a lot from the PNW - particularly from the Cali teams, Colorado, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and maybe the Wild.

The Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas, etc markets are ripe for "stealing fans".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad