Post-Game Talk: Pens 4-1 win vs Canucks: The one where the Penguin eats the Orca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I hope Sid takes something from the goal, and it has to be said he dominated on draws and was solid defensively.

But offensively he is now all about setting others up, and looks just wrong on the PP. Those 5 on 3 goals were all about Guentzel having a shot, and some puck luck. Before it went nuts with 5 on 3 action I was going crazy with how Letang and Sid killed our PP’s.
1+2 though. Gotta hope it carries.

We were much better than the Canucks though - most are these days.

Sully changed lines (not L1 of course), which didn’t much hurt or help, but at least there was some action on his part.

Good defensive game. Good Jarry although rarely tested. Awesome Pretzel. He’s the story obviously.

We’ll take it.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Jake on the road...

sKXmaAE.gif

Best game I've seen from Sid.
This gif is horrific

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well.

We won.

Sidney Crosby I hope can build off of this. Getting a goal I think will give him more confidence in his shot imo.

Also Guentzel my geeze he is scoring.

It would be nice to see any other line peoduce a goal. Hopefully when we face Seattle another line can score.

It's pretty wacked we lack secondary scoring or only one line scores total.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Home from the game and all I can say is what a lucky beak to have that be my first Pens game live. Watching Sid, then Jake, finally followed by Letang be the last three off the ice during warm ups I guess was an indicator of what was to come.

I thought they played well enough in the first and it flew by. That second period hat trick by Jake with points from Letang and Sid was awesome. All of it topped off by watching them connect one last time for Sid to put it in? Priceless and more than worth the cost of sitting at ice level.

Only wish I could have seen Malkin.

Oh and Jarry, though not really tested actually seemed super composed.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Takeaway from the game: Guentzel is right now the team's only true top 6 forward....
Crosby might be starting to show some signs of being one.
The rest...not so much

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad