Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Sabres 0 - The We Backed in Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Plot twist... Boston gets McDavid. Good thing they'd probably trade him after a few years so it really wouldn't matter.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
[NHL][/NHL]
BTW, how messed up is Letang? Done for the year? If we win 2 rounds, that's like a month from now. Doesn't seem good

I think I read that even if we had a deep run, he's done for the year. Who knows though, maybe he'll surprise some people. I don't think we'll get to that point though.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I know everyone is counting us including us lol but what one thing to consider is we'll now be able to call up our young guys in WBS. Guys like Harrington and Dumo could make a huge difference for us. And if Pouliot and Ehrhoff can go in round 1 our d might not be a complete disaster.

We have more of a chance than we think imo.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
How frustrating is this post season going to be?

Not at all, I have no expectations. Logically NYR will bottle**** us into oblivion...but maybe we are the blind squirrel who stumbles onto a whole cache of nuts.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
I know everyone is counting us including us lol but what one thing to consider is we'll now be able to call up our young guys in WBS. Guys like Harrington and Dumo could make a huge difference for us. And if Pouliot and Ehrhoff can go in round 1 our d might not be a complete disaster.

We have more of a chance than we think imo.

I fully expect those guys to make the rookie mistakes that should be made when a rookie is cutting his teeth in the regular season. They aren't going to be some kind of amazing asset, if we're lucky they won't be incredible liabilities.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I fully expect those guys to make the rookie mistakes that should be made when a rookie is cutting his teeth in the regular season. They aren't going to be some kind of amazing asset, if we're lucky they won't be incredible liabilities.

Maybe. Or they could play fearless hockey. Remember what Subban did to us his rookie year?

Granted Subban they are not but they're not green either. Dumo and Harry have NHL experience.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
[NHL][/NHL]

I think I read that even if we had a deep run, he's done for the year. Who knows though, maybe he'll surprise some people. I don't think we'll get to that point though.

Just seems weird that they'd announce that already. If they know he's so messed up he wouldn't be able to come back in 7 weeks, then damn that's bad. Or else, they aren't expecting to go very far.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
It's going to be the least frustrating playoffs in a while, for me at least. At this point you're pretty much have to expect a sweep so you can just sit back and watch it unfold.
That might be helpful for MAF as well.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Dumoulin has been a beast in the playoffs at every level, he's been WBS' best player in the playoffs the past two years. I'm still expecting a drubbing, but I am excited to see him get a shot in the NHL when it matters.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
200.gif

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
- More playoff money for the Family

- We got in the playoffs so no changes will be made when we inevitably flame out. The excuse train will barrel ahead at full speed as usual.

+ booze

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Just seems weird that they'd announce that already. If they know he's so messed up he wouldn't be able to come back in 7 weeks, then damn that's bad. Or else, they aren't expecting to go very far.

Yeah I thought so too. I think it's partially because of low expectations, but he might also have some other injuries and maybe they're just shutting him down for the whole year? No clue. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad