Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Sabres 0 - The We Backed in Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
True underdogs finally starting away from home. Nothing to lose. I'd be happy if we got a game from the Rangers. Hope they insert some youth in the lineup. Adams plays his last game as a Pen riding the pine.:handclap:

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
How many players can they call up? Obviously we should see Harrington and Dumo, but if that's it, this would be one hell of a small taxi squad.

I'd guess Kapanen and one of Rust/Kuhnhackl as well. Considering how banged up we are, that Adams hasn't seen ice in forever, and that we're going to need any x-factors we can get.

I'm glad we won. I'm not sure why, but I am. I hate having the season end so early. And honestly, getting swept isn't much worse for the chances of a house-cleaning than missing. Injuries would be the excuse either way.

Good win. Thanks to Fleury and Sutter. I thought our D payed well too. (Except for Scuderi)

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
giphy.gif

No earlier versions of Kari??? I like the slightly awkward and tightly dressed Kari from circa 2008

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I wonder if they call up Kühnhackl. He's obviously no real solution but has a nice little scoring streak going on and some confidence. Call him up, try him it for one game and send him down again if he sucks.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Keeps the playoff streak alive for what purposes who knows. I take more joy in the Flyers and the Bruins not making it so at least there is that. Unfortunately, the team just isn't very good and while getting some fresh legs from WB won't change that dynamic. If they play Scuderi, Kunitz and Adams then that is hard for any team to overcome. Ehrhoff has been a plug this year and DP will be exposed as well.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
+ Playoffs I'm excited for playoff hockey, we got nothing to lose, nobody will be expecting the pens to win more then a game.

+ Sutter The bigger the game the better he plays, hes one of the few pens who raises his level of play in big games.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Maybe the Pens can take it to 7, just play any part in the Rangers demise please. The Rangers are the only team in the playoffs I don't want to see win.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
BTW, how messed up is Letang? Done for the year? If we win 2 rounds, that's like a month from now. Doesn't seem good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad