Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Some Throwback luck perhaps...

gina-carano-gif-15.gif

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
He deserves it. What a season by Fleury.

Final numbers for Fleury: 34-20-9, 2.32 GAA, .920 SV%, 10 SO. Tied his career best GAA and missed his career best SV% by .001. Easily the best full season of his career. It pains me to think about all the years wasted with Meloche as his goalie "coach".

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Winnik has made poor decisions offensively since being on the line with Sid. It's an overarching issue. He thinks it's a good idea to try and make a pass he clearly can't complete two nights in a row on a 2-on-1, yet somehow an easy pass play doesn't occur to him on an empty net?

I don't give a **** if Sid was up by 10 or down by 10. That was an idiotic play, and further proof that Winnik doesn't have the offensive instincts to play on the first line.

And as IC mentioned, Winnik had no way of knowing how many points Sid was up or down by in the race.

Holy hell what a reach. You're clearly just looking to be pissed at the guy. Cool man, take it. It's all yours. Make sure to tell your grand kids how Winnick lost the Art Ross for Crosby in '15. :shakehead

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Final numbers for Fleury: 34-20-9, 2.32 GAA, .920 SV%, 10 SO. Tied his career best GAA and missed his career best SV% by .001. Easily the best full season of his career. It pains me to think about all the years wasted with Meloche as his goalie "coach".

And he did it with the defense hanging him out to dry nearly all year. Team MVP by far.:handclap:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Holy hell what a reach. You're clearly just looking to be pissed at the guy. Cool man, take it. It's all yours. Make sure to tell your grand kids how Winnick lost the Art Ross for Crosby in '15. :shakehead

Still missing the point :laugh:

Penguinzilla*

He's played better than Lovejoy/Scuderi since he's been up and the Domou-Chorney pairing has been lights out in WBS. Pouliot's gonna get chewed up and spit out if he plays a playoff game.

Chorney is really bad. Like, really really bad. He can't do much of anything offensively or defensively.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
And finally in honor of our super buff 3C Brandon Sutter.....show us the way to the playoffs big man.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

sums up a pretty inconsistent season...

but it is hard to judge a season like this from a team support pov...

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thought Perron had a strong game. Thanks for saving our season, Sutter and Fleury.
Really though, it was a pretty pathetic game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Are people really complaining about Winnik shooting for the empty net? That game was a do or die win or go home situation - **** passing it to Sid there. Shoot it for the EN and either hit or miss the net but either way puck gets deep. Much better than risking a turnover with a pass. I wanted Sid to win the ross super bad and I'm sure the Pens did too but playoffs are more important.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Fleury has made some pretty good saves lately but gives up so many rebounds. He was much better with that earlier in the season. That's going to be a problem.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Are people really complaining about Winnik shooting for the empty net? That game was a do or die win or go home situation - **** passing it to Sid there. Shoot it for the EN and either hit or miss the net but either way puck gets deep. Much better than risking a turnover with a pass. I wanted Sid to win the ross super bad and I'm sure the Pens did too but playoffs are more important.

Yeah, i feel like i'm missing something on that play.

I wasn't even paying attention to where Sid was on that play, i just know Winnik was passed the red line and he had a good shot at the open net, without looking at the replay i think Winnik made the right play there.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
sums up a pretty inconsistent season...

but it is hard to judge a season like this from a team support pov...

He definitely had some rough patches himself, but I think a lot of the inconsistency came out of the team. Even if you just focus in on these last three games, Fleury was very solid in net yet the Sens managed to get 4 by him and the Isles 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad