Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Preds 0 - DYNASTY . . . Pens Win Stanley Cup 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I've never been prouder as a fan. What an incredible hockey team. A lot of us have to (gladly) eat crow on the goaltending stuff. Many of us thought it would be a distraction and hurt the team. We were wrong and a big part of the credit for that goes to MAF and Sully. MAF is a hell of a teammate and person.
Yup. I was ok with doing a tandem last Summer. I flipflopped at the TDL and became worried. It sure did work out.

Rupper, : "the refs tried to make it up to Nashville the rest of the game. Gave them a 5 on 3, and another one after that........." *puts his hands up and shrugs shoulders* "so if your Nashville you can't blame it on that, you had your chances."
:D I love Rupper.

Re-sign Kunitz, please.
:laugh:
:popcorn:
We joke now...

Full credit to him though. He's been great since game 7 and he assisted on the GWG tonight. He had 6 assists in the finals. Since game 7, he has led the team in scoring with 2g 7a. Sid is 2nd with 1g 7a. I never saw that coming.

Wow. These guys...

I guess it was worse than it looked on tv. That's pretty bush league.
I was busy celebrating and missed people throwing stuff. Now I have to find some video. :shakehead

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Reporter in Pittsburgh can't wait to get off the air to kick the ass of the kids (who by the way need to get off his lawn) celebrating the cup win.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reporter in Pittsburgh can't wait to get off the air to kick the ass of the kids (who by the way need to get off his lawn) celebrating the cup win.

Ahahahah!
That is fantastic!
"That would not have been called tonight! Bob can get away with anything."

Bob was just trying to do his damn job.
Damn drunk yinzers!

BetterCallSaul

Feb 28, 2017
9.30 AM here, stayed up the whole night watching the game, and I didn't sleep for a second. I'm not tired, just smiling all the way. Everyone in the office keeps asking me why I'm so happy. And next year we're going for the threepeat!!!!!!!

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Full credit to him though. He's been great since game 7 and he assisted on the GWG tonight. He had 6 assists in the finals. Since game 7, he has led the team in scoring with 2g 7a. Sid is 2nd with 1g 7a. I never saw that coming.

Yup, Kunitz really brought it big time when the team needed it. I've lost count how many times I've bashed him over the years but this guy was a big part of this Cup victory. Thanks Kuni!

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I'm in such awe about this this team. I had such little hope when Letang went for months but we pulled through. Hainsey added so much years of stress to my life with his style of play. But I'm so happy to see a player like him lift the Cup.

I'm not sure if making much sense right but I'm so happy to see this team to pull through once again. I'm hoputo see us make a three peat next too!!!

Let's go Pens!!!!!!

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Knew that was gonna happen but most if not all were plastic empties so no big deal.
Only thing that really got my goose in this regard was the ****** nozzle who served Jake a fried catfish dinner at a pub/spot he was dining at for no reason at all but to just be a dick. **** that guy!

Oh that was clear. When you promote throwing **** onto the ice that's exactly what's going to happen.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hi all.

Does anyone know if tonight's cup-clinching game will be re-aired anytime/anywhere? Or, if not, is there any chance I could get a copy of the game, and the Cup being passed around, from anyone?

My wife fell and broke her arm tonight during the middle of the second period, so I spent the rest of the game in the emergency room with her. I'd love to see the rest of what I missed...

Thanks,

Steve

Wow... Bummer, Steve.

Hope she recovers quickly.

I'm sure it will be aired again, even on the NHL network.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
And here is what it was like in the PPG Paints arena in Pittsburgh, remember there are no players, merely a broadcast on the big screen, when Horny scored the goal.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hi all.

Does anyone know if tonight's cup-clinching game will be re-aired anytime/anywhere? Or, if not, is there any chance I could get a copy of the game, and the Cup being passed around, from anyone?

My wife fell and broke her arm tonight during the middle of the second period, so I spent the rest of the game in the emergency room with her. I'd love to see the rest of what I missed...

Thanks,

Steve

**** dude that sucks. Hopefully she's okay.

I have all 4 hours and 15 minutes of it - that includes the cup getting passed around and all the interviews and the cbc montage at the end - but have no way of getting it off my DVR :( I'm almost tempted to go buy a DVD recorder and run the feed from the DVR through it so I can get this and last year's cup final off the box.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
I'm still sitting here in disbelief, there was so many times I thought the season was over.
Right with you man. This playoff was really hard to watch honestly there were times when I would say **** it can't take this anymore and I shut the TV off. Only to turn it back on 10 seconds later. Glad I sucked it up and took it all in, what a ride what a finish. This is the most resilient team I've ever watched.

As for Subban I've been on the fence about the guy for a long time but he's shown himself to be the clownshoe of the NHL. It was very gratifying to see the look on his face at the end of the game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
There was a point in the finals where i just wanted this to end either way.
Felt like other teams fans that wanted the offseason to just get here, no matter what happened but G5 sucked me back in. I wanted this bad after that game.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
**** dude that sucks. Hopefully she's okay.

I have all 4 hours and 15 minutes of it - that includes the cup getting passed around and all the interviews and the cbc montage at the end - but have no way of getting it off my DVR :( I'm almost tempted to go buy a DVD recorder and run the feed from the DVR through it so I can get this and last year's cup final off the box.
If you do, maybe make sure it doesn't have the built in copy protection. The NHL (on NBC) started embedding a signal that tells recorders not to record. They probably do the same with CBC.

I'm still looking for a workaround :rant:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Right with you man. This playoff was really hard to watch honestly there were times when I would say **** it can't take this anymore and I shut the TV off. Only to turn it back on 10 seconds later. Glad I sucked it up and took it all in, what a ride what a finish. This is the most resilient team I've ever watched.

As for Subban I've been on the fence about the guy for a long time but he's shown himself to be the clownshoe of the NHL. It was very gratifying to see the look on his face at the end of the game.

I've been listening to this nonstop for a while now.

There is a part I'll quote.

It’s so easy to grant the mirror
Power to control what you want to erase
Don’t become another victim
“Put a smile on that faceâ€

That, and listening to that Mighty Eagle song, singing the Mighty Penguin spoof I did in the game 3 GDT.

You had to believe or know they'd do this.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Can't forget this great moment from the run either, the stick shaft save vs the Caps.

ce16ImX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad