Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Preds 0 - DYNASTY . . . Pens Win Stanley Cup 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Felix and Oscar continue their shenanigans.

There needs to be a reality show where these two live together the entire season and they're mic'ed up every game.

Reminds me of the hilarious old PensTV segments when we really sucked. The players were funny as hell though in them.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Thinking a large percentage of all these new Preds fans are the "college football" type of fans. Meaning they dont understand that hockey is sopposed to be alittle more classy. Just my 2 cents.

My two cents is they've tarnished the entire organization.

Ignorance is no excuse. I mean, why would that sort of **** poor action be okay in ANY sport?? Maybe if we stabbed somebody on ice..Lol..sure..But your team who shouldn't have been there got beat by another. Get over it. Don't throw your **** like a chimpanzee.

**** Nashville.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I stayed up late tonight with the intention of analyzing a couple case files for work and instead I've spent most of the time getting way too much enjoyment out of other fan bases' tears. I'm clearly excellent at my job. :laugh:

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I can't get over how spoiled we are as fans. Sid and Geno are going into the Hall of Fame for sure as some of the greatest ever to play the game. With all the Bylsma years we endured never would I have thought this was possible.

I am so proud of this team. These past two years Have been the most fun I've ever had watching hockey since I started as a kid in 1991.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I stayed up late tonight with the intention of analyzing a couple case files for work and instead I've spent most of the time getting way too much enjoyment out of other fan bases' tears. I'm clearly excellent at my job. :laugh:

I sometimes get bothered by how personal all the hate seems to get, but it's so damned over the top right now, with everyone searching for that knife to shove in our lungs, that you have to roll your eyes at it.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
My two cents is they've tarnished the entire organization.

Ignorance is no excuse. I mean, why would that sort of **** poor action be okay in ANY sport?? Maybe if we stabbed somebody on ice..Lol..sure..But your team who shouldn't have been there got beat by another. Get over it. Don't throw your **** like a chimpanzee.

**** Nashville.

I've felt similar to be honest. That was easily the trashiest fan base we have seen in an opponent outside of Philly (and even that is not the same). Trying not to think about it, but it is being brought up a few times lol. A part of me wants to just crap all over social media, but that would give them what they want. When it's all said and done they will look for the next excuse beyond the ice, and that will be the fans - us - that they'll hate on.

We've got the W, the Cup, and the happiness - let them be spiteful and hate. The worst offenders will be awol until the next Preds stretch of success anyway.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Reminds me of the hilarious old PensTV segments when we really sucked. The players were funny as hell though in them.

I vaguely remember one with Colby Armstrong and Shane Endicott in their apartment, which was just about as dirty as you'd expect it to be.

Here's MAF getting emotional with Tanger/RDS:

https://twitter.com/OO2112/status/874124834799853568

I have skipped all the MAF interviews so far. I am not emotionally prepared to watch them and I don't know when I will be.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Because we aren't as cool as Nashville and NBC didn't care to show it...

Yeah they totally neglected are fans for country music singers. Nashville has good fans don't get me wrong..but they sold out all their games for the first time this year. It's pretty sad when NBC couldn't even give are fans a look in once during the entire game.

BADoglick

Jun 12, 2012
Great game, great season. And best of all, our window isn't shut yet. We have the cap space this year to either resign our guys or make adjustments, and we didn't trade away our first round pick either.

I was just looking, and Malkin and Letang have five years left on theur deals. I would say that is a pretty good indication of how long our window in this era could last. Three cups have been great, but we as fans and they as a core need to appreciate these next five years. Hopefully we get at least one more, but even without, this generation has accomplished as much and more than we ever could have hoped.

The Gobfather*

May 2, 2014
Anybody got any video of the disallowed goal and trash being thrown at the end spent the. Night in the hospital and didn't get to watch

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I vaguely remember one with Colby Armstrong and Shane Endicott in their apartment, which was just about as dirty as you'd expect it to be.

I have skipped all the MAF interviews so far. I am not emotionally prepared to watch them and I don't know when I will be.

If MAF does leave in the off-season, circle the calendar for the game he comes back and plays at PPG with his new team. That will be a popular game, and I bet he will get quite the ovation, complete with video tribute.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Anybody got any video of the disallowed goal and trash being thrown at the end spent the. Night in the hospital and didn't get to watch

https://www.nhl.com/video/hagelins-empty-netter-pads-lead/t-289629676/c-52212403

That's PART of the trash (0:23 seconds). The other part is represented throughout the city, the guy screaming the F bomb 6 times behind Milburry on a national broadcast, and all the stupid catfish.

The disallowed goal is EVERYWHERE. It was definitely a goal, but there was ZERO foul play involved. The ref was blocked, made the appropriate call - then proceeded to bend the Penguins over for the next 35 minutes of hockey. Preds got away with murder after that and the Pens had no power plays all night despite a 5-3 for the Preds.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I'm still sitting here in disbelief, there was so many times I thought the season was over.

When Letang went down, when Murray went down, when Crosby went down, when they got thrashed by the Caps in games 5 & 6, after game 4 in Nashville, yet here we are. What a ride.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'm still sitting here in disbelief, there was so many times I thought the season was over.

When Letang went down, when Murray went down, when Crosby went down, when they got thrashed by the Caps in games 5 & 6, after game 4 in Nashville, yet here we are. What a ride.

It's the same awesome feeling as before - but not the same feeling at all (at the same time). Almost as if because a part of the subconscious was so very prepared for that 'let down'. Absolute roller-coaster of a season, despite finishing second overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad