GDT: Pens’ Black & Gold Game (7 p.m., CEC | Free admission | TV: ROOT)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If they need need Morrow on defense, he's absolutely ready. That's what I'll say. I just really hope he develops a fire like Letang has w/ a need to be angry and physical.

Good to hear.

It's funny, I had season tickets for the X Generation team, and I've been to about a dozen games at the CEC. And I can safely say that I was at games at the Igloo with less than 10K people that were louder than a sold out playoff game last year at the CEC

Yep. People with money like to kick back and relax during the game not make a lot of racket. They ought to locate all these arenas in the suburbs because that's where 80% of the fans come from.

Well, you can't knock the fact that they are selling huge corporate ticket packages. That puts the product on the ice. There's a trade off though.

No problem but they can make the suites more pricey without a problem and lower prices elsewhere in the area, do more student promotions every month, etc. And for the playoffs... everything not held by a season ticket holder should drop in price for the 1-off students and other people who want to get in there and make noise and curse a little.

Sometimes i look at NHL fans and I want to say:

"Yes. Goddamnit, fan. Curse!"

georgeandmarty.jpg

How many pts between TK, Cooke, and Sutter?

Conservatively.... 212. Daaaaa SUTTERZ. CHI-CAH-GO LEGENDS my friend!

superfan.jpg

I'm convinced the opening night lineup should be...

Tangradi - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Jeffrey - Vitale
Adams The Magma

Fixed. Epic for shootout wins. Adams couldn't score on his own mother.

Is it just me or did Engelland look really good? His skating looked awesome.

When you don't spend Oct-January beating on people it gives you more time to perfect your edge work.

No kidding. The best description I could use for Martin would be:

Urgency never changes to suit the situation.

That is correct, commander.

Sutter seems like captain material. He's young and new to the team, but he just comes across as a leader. It's good to know that we lost one guy like that, but replaced that leadership in the same deal.

Is it too soon to suggest the new 3 Captain model (Sid, Orpik, Sutter)?

BTW we have to come up with a good nickname for Sutter because this dork-ball "Suttsy" thing Sid keeps saying is going to get on my nerves. The last name thing works with some players. Not with Sutter.

Any ideas? Shamefully... I got nothin.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
BTW we have to come up with a good nickname for Sutter because this dork-ball "Suttsy" thing Sid keeps saying is going to get on my nerves. The last name thing works with some players. Not with Sutter.

Any ideas? Shamefully... I got nothin.

i'd go with "legacy" - we called a kid that on the debate team b/c his two older brothers had been legendary debaters. too bad no Sutter ever played for the pens in the past.

edit: well Rich Sutter and his all of nine games.

PS: highschool debate was suh kewl

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You're just inventing things to complain about.
I love how people go after Adams or even talk badly about Ian Moran. They're 4th liners getting 8 mins a game while making very little money. If these are the players that are making or breaking the Pens I hope the lockout continues.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Sutter... putter... nutter... gutter.... flutter... sputter...

Sutan Sutra Sooo..... Sooo

Sut terrific

Gronk Part Deux

Gronkadeux

Gronkex

Grex

Gex

I got nothin...

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Only if Pierre Maguire is saying it.

Cloud plays a lot like Lahmya

"When the best player in the world comes up to you and tells you, 'I don't know who you're planning on starting tonight, but I want that first shift', that says everything you need to know about Claude Giroux right there," said Laviolette.

:laugh:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I love how people go after Adams or even talk badly about Ian Moran. They're 4th liners getting 8 mins a game while making very little money. If these are the players that are making or breaking the Pens I hope the lockout continues.

I will raise my hand on that one J, haha. That guy drove me crazy. Although in his case, I remember him getting a lot minutes, (although I could be wrong on that). So awful.

I got no problem with Adams. He is what he is. Limited role player receiving limited ice time.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Hmmm so you're playing off the Gr prefix eh?

Grundy eh? Well I'm no comic book mastermind so I can't say if it fits...

At least one person liked Gronkadeux (I kinda like it myself except it's pretty long -- watch out for those 3 syllable nicknames... they're lethal).

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Sutter... putter... nutter... gutter.... flutter... sputter...

Sutan Sutra Sooo..... Sooo

Sut terrific

Gronk Part Deux

Gronkadeux

Gronkex

Grex

Gex

I got nothin...

Suttsy sounds like Sudsy

What makes things sudsy? SOAP (with water)

I shall call him Soap!

edit: forgot Suds is also a slang for beer to some people so we could do something with that

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Suttsy sounds like Sudsy

What makes things sudsy? SOAP (with water)

I shall call him Soap!

edit: forgot Suds is also a slang for beer to some people so we could do something with that

Sorry, the contest is over. We will call him ******** (bs).

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Pens won't cut ties with Adams because in all honesty, he doesn't make the team worse, he's a veteran 2 time Stanley Cup champion, and if nobody knew by now, the Penguins care about their players.

So Craig Adams, a 35 year old veteran 4th line forward, 2 time Cup champion, solid penalty killer, doesn't hinder the Pens chances at winning hockey games, more importantly is settled in Pittsburgh with his family. Yes, let's get rid of him.

They probably want to keep him until he retires so they can add him to the front office. He's obviously a smart guy because he went to Harvard, now he didn't study business, he studied history, but I think he knows the game of hockey enough to be a solid addition to an NHL front office.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Soap / Soapy is not worthy of the mighty Sutter.

If we don't figure one out soon my head asplode.

nutterbutter_small.jpg

Sutter Nutter Butter. Hard on the outside, smooth and silky on the inside.

And then we'll start calling Cooke - Jelly.

Then it'll be Peanut butter jelly time everytime they score.

Oh god I don't know, i'll just go be ashamed somewhere. :shakehead

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If Jeffrey shows he can play wing effectively, Adams has no business taking a spot over him. Sutter, Cooke, Dupuis, Glass are your top Pkers.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
i'd go with "legacy" - we called a kid that on the debate team b/c his two older brothers had been legendary debaters. too bad no Sutter ever played for the pens in the past.

edit: well Rich Sutter and his all of nine games.

PS: highschool debate was suh kewl

Steal was the pterodactyl. Sutter is the velociraptor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad