GDT: Pens’ Black & Gold Game (7 p.m., CEC | Free admission | TV: ROOT)

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
Fans are invited to a Pens’ Black & Gold Game Wednesday at 7 p.m. at CONSOL Energy Center. I'm looking forward to watching the game on ROOT sports. I want to see how the younger players do, and see if some lines can start some chemistry before the real games start.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650155&navid=DL|PIT|home

If there is already a thread or if this needs combined with an existing thread, please do what needs done. I didn't see a good thread with this info. Thanks.

AUDIO ONLY Stream:
http://www.1059thex.com/main.html

Last edited:

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
I'm curious about what the teams and lines will be in the game tomorrow. Will Kunitz/Crosby and Dupuis be on the gold team and Neil/Malkin and ??? on the black team?

My guess is Tangradi will be on the Neil/Malkin line.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I'm curious about what the teams and lines will be in the game tomorrow. Will Kunitz/Crosby and Dupuis be on the gold team and Neil/Malkin and ??? on the black team?

Neal*

:laugh:

Don't kill me. I'm just trying to help. :)

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

I didnt hear anything but i would assume sid/gino line would be on same team because they would want the 1st pp unit on the same team.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Are we going to get a GDT for the Black & Gold game tomorrow? I mean I'm sure even the GDT posters need a preseason to iron out the wrinkles in their threads too.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
i. Can the title of this thread please be changed to 'Pens Black & VEGAS Gold Game'. Purely for clarification.

ii. Are they inviting others from WBS to increase the rosters?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Bylsma said that he wants to get certain groups of players like the top PP and PK time to play together. Because of that you can expect to see all of the big guns that play on the top PP to play on one team. Also Byslma said that Bennett and Tangradi will both get a chance to play with Malkin and Neal, so you can expect them to be on that team as well.

My guess is one team will be mostly offensive focused and one will be mostly defensive focused just based on the fact that they want to get PK and PP guys time to play together.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
There's been no fighting at camp for years now.

And there's no real need for that to change. We know what we have, toughness wise, with our projected NHL lineup. Outside of a vet slapping a rookie around for doing dangerous stuff, we probably won't see any fighting. I doubt that Farnham will be up anyway, I don't think he has an NHL contract.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I remember when we had Laraque, and after a day after camp, Geno was sort of wrestling around with him, and Sid and Staal stood there watching. My friend who I was with said, "if there were ever 2 guys you didn't want watching this, and 1 guy you didn't want performing this...it'd be these 3."

10,000 people stood there watching this going on. It was pretty funny.

I hope this thing has 18,000 fans. :laugh: That would be so sweet.

Admission is free. There will be a packed house based on principle alone.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
Last night the Boston Bruins Scrimmage was streamed on NHL .com, so I would figure they would stream it on the NHL's or the Pens site.

Also, for any local yinzers. Anyone going to the game? I am and just wondering how early is too early? There were no tickets given out like the Bruins. I can't imagine this not being a stampede to front row seats. the doors open at 6 and there's no way the line won't be a block long.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
Any chance this game is on Center Ice? Maybe the NHL and partners will offer an early look at the top teams?

Best chance is free stream on NHL.com.

Also, can't wait for this:

james neal ‏@jneal_18
Id give these 2 plugs a follow if I were you. Your gonna be seeing a lot of them soon. @Jayson_Megna @beaubennett78

Hopefully Beau has a strong rookie season with Nealer and Gene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad