Post-Game Talk: Penguins wobble into the SENS Den, Sat. 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not really. Andy has been saving their bacon. I don't see much improvement in the PK in general. Just the goalie is bailing them out.

Andy has helped but I see less uncertainty among the forwards on the kill to be honest. They were getting abused at the top before, they seem to be more certain about what they are doing. It was usually the third pass at the top that would cause issues. One player would pressure the wall, it would go to the point and the other player would pressure the point but when it went to the other player on the wall it caused a lot of confusion over who’s responsibility it was. Right now your are seeing the lower forward come across the ice to apply pressure rather than the higher forward follow the puck from the point to the wall.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I see a definite inprovement with smith returning. They’re limiting high danger chances.

I don't see it. And the stats bare that view. Just a couple of sample games I grabbed.

Without Smith (last 3 games before he came back):
11/11 - FLA - PP 1/3 - 1 HDCA
11/10 - TBL - PP 1/3 - 1 HDCA
11/02 - VGK - PP 2/2 - 1 HDCA

With Smith (last 3 games):
12/08 - PIT - PP 0/2 - 5 HDCA
12/06 - MTL - PP 0/3 - 1 HDCA
12/04 - MTL - PP 0/2 - 3 HDCA

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I don't see it. And the stats bare that view. Just a couple of sample games I grabbed.

Pittsburgh is the only real outlier there and that’s because they have arguably the best PP lineup in the game

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I see a pretty damn big difference.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
How could this not get called .

tenor.gif

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I wonder if refs watch replays, or if for their sanity they don’t. That ref would feel like such an idiot arguing with Stone that White hooked Rust (or whatever the hell he was arguing) and then watching that replay.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
3 is not much more than 1 .

Listen, it's pretty apparent that you are willingly ignoring facts and just seeing what you want to see. You can try to argue that 3 is not much more than 1, yet 9 is way more than 3 in that sample size. I proved my point with some actual stats, and you are still holding on to your feelings which are based on... I don't know what. I proved Andy is the difference. They will start sucking again once Andy is saving their ass on the PK. You can break it down this way. They had 9 HDCA yet 0 goals, while on the other hand they had 3 HDCA and scored 4 goals. How do you explain that?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Listen, it's pretty apparent that you are willingly ignoring facts and just seeing what you want to see. You can try to argue that 3 is not much more than 1, yet 9 is way more than 3 in that sample size. I proved my point with some actual stats, and you are still holding on to your feelings which are based on... I don't know what. I proved Andy is the difference. They will start sucking again once Andy is saving their ass on the PK. You can break it down this way. They had 9 HDCA yet 0 goals, while on the other hand they had 3 HDCA and scored 4 goals. How do you explain that?
What does that tell you about goaltending if they had 3 HDCA and score 4 goals? It works both ways.

I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone who watches every game this team plays that their P.K. has been much improved as of late. We don’t need stats to back that up. Stats are very misleading especially shot stats

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
What does that tell you about goaltending if they had 3 HDCA and score 4 goals? It works both ways.

I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone who watches every game this team plays that their P.K. has been much improved as of late. We don’t need stats to back that up. Stats are very misleading especially shot stats

It means the goaltending wasn't the greatest. At least you are correct about that. It's obvious to you since you are biased and are ignoring facts. If I'm wrong then change my mind. But hey I didn't mention HDCA, you did and I quote:

I see a definite inprovement with smith returning. They’re limiting high danger chances.

Which I already proved is a fallacy. Basically you don't know jack.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
On the surface, getting 3/4 points this weekend without Duchene is incredible. Full credit to everyone. Bittersweet to waste a 42 save performance by McKenna of all people for only a single but beggars can't be choosers.

Goals are gonna be hard to come by now. Hopefully the PK and goaltending can hold up until our #1C is back. Credit to White stepping into that role though. Guy is a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad