Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Canadiens pregame talk, also: Megna benched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Kobasew was brutal last night. It has to have to do with Megna needing some easying into the lineup. Because it cant possible be performance based.

Maybe they are saying that this is your last shot, perform or youll get waived when the lineup is healthy? I knoe hes a veteran so there is a bigger chance Megne geting sent down than kobasew waived, but one can wish, right?

If they were just trying to EASE Megna back, he wouldn't have played on the fourth line. There's room on the third line for him. He had like one shift last night with the top line, the rest were fourth line shifts with a variety of hodgepodge. I am not one who believes Bylsma is a huge Megna fan. Some here think so, but I don't. For his production level, this guy should AT LEAST be playing on the third line right now.

Well, that's even worse when you consider that "manchot" is most commonly used to described someone who misses an arm/forearm :laugh:

It makes sense, in French, for penguins to be called manchot exactly because of what the common noun means. A penguin's wings looks very much like a man without forearms. So Pascal Dupuis is right at home in a Penguins uniform:D

:laugh: That's GOLD!

Does that make him a 2nd line player because he scored a goal on it?

Take a look at our lineup the past month and let me know if Pyatt stays on as the second line winger when all of our players are finally healthy again. Oh hey! That will be tomorrow. Thanksssssss

You're completely missing the original point cheesedanish was making. We haven't scored a goal from our third line in a month. You can't use the "when everybody is healthy" argument, because Pyatt won't even be on the third line when everyone is healthy. Or, should I say when the rentals are acquired.

cheesedanish's point remains...we're getting nothing out of the third line...except when they suddenly play with Malkin (if that makes you feel better).

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pretty sure the thread title says "Pens v. Habs of to report." Then again, I can't remember whether "avant" means before, soon, under, inner (etc), nor whether d'avant means something different, so I probably shouldn't talk. I'll go with under just for the Hell of it.

PENS V HABS OF TO REPORT (for) UNDERGAME.

Pretty badass when you put it that way.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Pretty sure the thread title says "Pens v. Habs of to report." Then again, I can't remember whether "avant" means before, soon, under, inner (etc), nor whether d'avant means something different, so I probably shouldn't talk. I'll go with under just for the Hell of it.

Report before game.

We can modify the title to

Les trios pathetique de Dan Bylsma

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Hoping the Pens come out and dominate the Habs. Would love for Crosby and Malkin to get a couple points each. Hopefully Crosby has finally gotten use to his new skates by now and has a better showing than his last couple games.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You're completely missing the original point cheesedanish was making. We haven't scored a goal from our third line in a month. You can't use the "when everybody is healthy" argument, because Pyatt won't even be on the third line when everyone is healthy. Or, should I say when the rentals are acquired.

cheesedanish's point remains...we're getting nothing out of the third line...except when they suddenly play with Malkin (if that makes you feel better).

Jokinen scored when he was with Sutter against Washington, but I'm not sure if that counts since Jokinen is a 2nd line player. I've confused myself.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

THE QUALITY OF THREAD TITLE MATCHES THE QUALITY OF PLAY

geez, one bilateral title and everyone's a linguinist

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Jokinen scored when he was with Sutter against Washington, but I'm not sure if that counts since Jokinen is a 2nd line player. I've confused myself.

I believe Jokinen scored on a 4 on 4, i wouldn't consider Jokinen scoring on a 4 on 4 goal with Sutter as a goal from your bottom 6 forwards.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
kobasew was lazy backchecking on like his first shift. you cant even make this stuff up. how can i guy that should be unemployed fail to backcheck his face off right out of the gate? did he think he needed to conserve energy for the third? just absurd.

Kobasew only shows a pulse when his wallet or his golf game is threatened by not showing one (preseason tryout and when Ballard hit him low, respectively). Been a while since I saw a Penguins who was this obviously just punching a clock to collect a check.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Kobasew is terrible, after the first 3 shifts of the game he was put aside for Pyatt and the line had more offensive possession then the first 3 shifts combined. That's when Sid set up Kunitz but his shot went off a leg in front of Clemenson

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
THE QUALITY OF THREAD TITLE MATCHES THE QUALITY OF PLAY

geez, one bilateral title and everyone's a linguinist

I like stuff like that, actually. Guy I follow on twitter (Sportsnet's Justin Bourne) occasionally, intentionally mistranslates RDS tweets and it cracks me up every time.

Renaud Lavoie used "mourir" in the same tweet associated with some player's name and Bourne took the opportunity to announce that the guy in question had died, which the original tweet didn't remotely say.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I feel like someone should make a list of all the bad move/choices that DB has during the season in games and outside just to see how many we can get.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Is this Randy Cunneyworth?

George Gillett, actually. I'm a frenchaphone

I like stuff like that, actually. Guy I follow on twitter (Sportsnet's Justin Bourne) occasionally mistranslates RDS tweets and it cracks me up every time.

Renaud Lavoie used "mourir" in the same tweet associated with some player's name and Bourne took the opportunity to announce that the guy in question had died, which the original tweet didn't remotely say.

My favorite was going to Mexico with my friend and his brother, both from Alabama. Listening to them "speak Spanish" with their painfully southern, phonetic pronunciations was magical.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
George Gillett, actually. I'm a frenchaphone

My favorite was going to Mexico with my friend and his brother, both from Alabama. Listening to them "speak Spanish" with their painfully southern, phonetic pronunciations was magical.

Used to know a dude from Senegal who was always dogging me on my horrible, usually drunken, attempts at french. Understood just enough to know exactly what he thought about the quality of what was taught in French classes in United States high schools.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I believe Jokinen scored on a 4 on 4, i wouldn't consider Jokinen scoring on a 4 on 4 goal with Sutter as a goal from your bottom 6 forwards.

You see now, I would kind of, IDK. That goal was all Sutter. I think we've gotten into a grey area. The lines have been a mess anyway. Gibbons who isn't a top 6 player scored a goal, but he was on the 1st line. Pyatt who isn't a top 6 forward scored a goal but it was on the 2nd line, without Neal. Zolnierczyk scored a goal but was on a 2nd line without Malkin.

Always with the injuries. Who knows what would have happened if the wingers didn't get killed.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Used to know a dude from Senegal who was always dogging me on my horrible, usually drunken, attempts at french. Understood just enough to know exactly what he thought about the quality of what was taught in French classes in United States high schools.

I've made it my goal to embrace my gracelessness with regards to speaking other languages.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
If they were just trying to EASE Megna back, he wouldn't have played on the fourth line. There's room on the third line for him. He had like one shift last night with the top line, the rest were fourth line shifts with a variety of hodgepodge. I am not one who believes Bylsma is a huge Megna fan. Some here think so, but I don't. For his production level, this guy should AT LEAST be playing on the third line right now.

:laugh: That's GOLD!

I understood the point completely, its just a really stupid point.

So the statistic doesn't actually mean we haven't gotten goals from players who typically comprise those lines. Just that the arbitrary lines on any given night haven't scored. Which is dumb, considering how often Dan juggles lines, and especially dumb considering how many injuries we have so that essentially the people making up parts of the first and second lines are actually "bottom 6" players, but are playing above that due to attrition.

So he's saying that our AHL callups and Gladams haven't scored in a month. That's a fairly useless stat and shouldn't be used to ascertain anything about the past or future lineup.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
I'd like to see Megna given a valid shot beside Crosby, because, have you seen our other options? May as well try him. I'm not sure I trust him to be any better though, but still worth the chance.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'd like to see Megna given a valid shot beside Crosby, because, have you seen our other options? May as well try him. I'm not sure I trust him to be any better though, but still worth the chance.

And yesterday would have been a perfect time. Really don't get Bylsma, in the game where Megna got hurt if I remember correctly he was even one of our best forwards that night

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
Subban and Markov is going to dominate our first line. Only thing they need to do is focus on Sid. Thats so simple. I cant ****ing understand how Shero&Bylsma doesnt see that. ****ing idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad